Jump to content

RPN to BScN 2020

CA Programs   (558 Views 18 Comments)
by hp3fl hp3fl (New Member) New Member

451 Visitors; 14 Posts

advertisement

Hi everyone, just want to ask if anybody has heard about any result from RPN bridging programs for Mcmaster or Conestoga? 

If I didn't make the cut, will they give an email or mail about it? 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1,540 Visitors; 137 Posts

They will let you know either email or through the mail I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GingerCrayons has 1 years experience and works as a Registered Practical Nurse.

831 Visitors; 28 Posts

I didnt make the cut. I got a letter in the mail saying that I met the requirements but that other candidates were chosen who also ket the requirements (obviously they had better grades and/or Casper scores).

Good luck! 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

341 Visitors; 2 Posts

I received an offer on ontariocolleges for the Conestoga/McMaster program for the bridging program but still have not received anything in the mail. Maybe check your application status?

Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

451 Visitors; 14 Posts

18 hours ago, GingerCrayons said:

I didnt make the cut. I got a letter in the mail saying that I met the requirements but that other candidates were chosen who also ket the requirements (obviously they had better grades and/or Casper scores).

Good luck! 😊

I got wait-listed on Conestoga. Now I don't know my chance to get in.. Hamilton's the nearest from me and I don't know if I should still get my hopes high from getting in the Mcmaster (hamilton campus) program. Anyway. thanks for replying! Are you working as RPN as of now? Are you considering of doing specialties or something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GingerCrayons has 1 years experience and works as a Registered Practical Nurse.

831 Visitors; 28 Posts

I am working as an an RPN in pediatrics and neurosurgery. I have also applied at the Hamilton and Brantford sites.

Are you working as an RPN?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
advertisement

276 Visitors; 16 Posts

I just received my offer from comac in the Ontario colleges app today! So remember to check their first:) They usually come a lot quicker than mail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 66 Visitors; 18 Posts

Has everyone tried or got accepted to the Humber program for RPN to BScN?  I'm just wondering if the RPN diploma overrides the highschool core courses needed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

451 Visitors; 14 Posts

On 3/28/2019 at 6:51 PM, redheadednurse13 said:

Has everyone tried or got accepted to the Humber program for RPN to BScN?  I'm just wondering if the RPN diploma overrides the highschool core courses needed?

For most RPN to BScN applications, I think they would look at your grades from the PN program + CPNRE + casper. You can call them to be sure:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

451 Visitors; 14 Posts

On 3/28/2019 at 2:30 PM, GingerCrayons said:

I am working as an an RPN in pediatrics and neurosurgery. I have also applied at the Hamilton and Brantford sites.

Are you working as an RPN?

Oh wow! I'm working in a LTC right now, I find it hard to get accepted into a hospital position. I just graduated last year and I feel like I'm forgetting a lot of stuff already lol:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Follower; 66 Visitors; 18 Posts

45 minutes ago, hp3fl said:

For most RPN to BScN applications, I think they would look at your grades from the PN program + CPNRE + casper. You can call them to be sure:)

I would think they would look at that as well!  I just wanted to make sure! 🙂  But I will definitely call them as well!  Thanks so much! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GingerCrayons has 1 years experience and works as a Registered Practical Nurse.

831 Visitors; 28 Posts

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:18 AM, hp3fl said:

Oh wow! I'm working in a LTC right now, I find it hard to get accepted into a hospital position. I just graduated last year and I feel like I'm forgetting a lot of stuff already lol:(

If you are willing to relocate I know that the Sioux Lookout is always hiring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×