I really need help! I am using the Kaplan course from my school. I have been doing the qbank/trainer and reading the content book (2013). I am pretty annoyed because I have been noticing many inconsistencies while comparing both.
If you can help me,I'd be grateful. I am taking my test very soon and I want to know that with whatever result I get, it's not because of these inconsistencies.
1. In question trainer 3, it said for ECT, the patient will have a disruption in short and long term memory.
In the Nclex content book page 579, it says confusion and memory loss occurs for recent events
2. In question trainer 1, it says a colostomy catheter is to be inserted up to 4 inches.
In the nclex content book (page 208), it says up to 3 inches
3. Upon listening to the content video "Physiological adaptation", the instructor stated to cluster care for a patient with ICP
In the qbank, it say to space out activities
4. In question trainer 2, it says that a priority for hypoparathyroidism is cardiac dsyrhythmias
In the content book, cardiac dsyrhythmias is under hyperparathyroidism
5. Qbank says with myelogram, stay flat for 12-24 hours
The content book says for 3 hours keep HOB up when dye is inserted
6. In the book, it says 6-12 hours after delivery, the fundus is located above the umbilicus.
The qbank said that it is located at the umbilicus. I got this question wrong because it was an image question where I had to locate where the fundus would be.
7. In nclex content book 2011, it says for medical emergiences-airway obstruction, to do abdominal thrust.
In nclex content book 2013, it says to do "five by five" -5 back blows, 5 abdominal thrusts, and then alternate between those two.
My question is, if someone is choking, do I do the back blow first or do I do the abdominal thrust?
I would really appreciate if someone can clarify these things for me. I emailed kaplan a month ago and they have yet to reply.
Thank You so much!