1. what was career #1? vet tech
2. are you happier with nursing as a career than you were with career #1? yep! the vet tech thing was fun.... just because of the animals.
3. did you get into nursing because you had a dead end job? because you were unhappy with career #1 (although you had a good job)? because i found out what my supervisor made..... and i could not live on what i made, or what she made! i needed to find a job that paid better. (shallow me!)
4. was/is nursing as good as, better than, or worse than you thought it would be? nothing like they show on tv! and real nursing is nothing like nursing school
5. have you ever thought that you should have stayed with your original career? was the change in career worth it? it was worth it. the question...do you live to work, or work to live? i now have a job i look forward to going to. and make the money i need to live. (not get by, but live)
6. are you higher up the career ladder in nursing or were you higher with career #1? by far
7. i don't want to start a discussion on nursing pay again, but are you happier with your nursing paycheck or was it better before? abso-frigging-lootly!
8. how has your benefits been affected by your change in career, better or worse? or not much change? from none to some
9. what did your family think about your career change? my father was a pharmacist ..and all the time growing up he told me never to become a nurse. over worked, under paid...etc.... when i told him that is what i was going for, he said- go for it! its a great job, you will love it!