Jump to content

Failed NCLEX twice!

NCLEX   (1,296 Views | 8 Replies)
by Delilah Delilah (New) New Nurse Student

Delilah has 3 years experience .

231 Profile Views; 3 Posts

I graduated nursing school in 2017 and took NCLEX 2 months later. I did not feel prepared but I tool it anyway because my instructors and others were telling me to take it because everything is still fresh. I practiced questions because that is what everyone said to do. The day comes and I'am a nervous wreck. All I could hear is my heart beating and felt like I was going to pass out. I couldn't focus and ended up getting all 200+ questions. I knew I had failed. I tried the PVT trick a few hours later and then "BOOM" it asked for my credit info. I got my results and of course I failed. I was devastated but I knew I didn't have a chance, I messed up. I waited a few months which ended up being the next year 2018, but tried UWORLD, SAUNDERS and MARK KLIMEK. I sat for it again and I wasn't as nervous as the first time , but I didn't feel confident. I'm answering questions and it shuts off at about 125. I waited a few hours and paid for the quick results and "BOOM" I failed. I've taken some time off after that and felt very defeated and just lived my life and worked. It is now 2020 and I'am ready to tackle this again. I'am going over content from my school notes/books and from mark klimek, practice questions and getting a better understanding of answering NCLEX style questions with Youtube and just focusing  more and telling myself I can do it and I will pass this. Hopefully I can come back and say I PASSED!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HappierTimesAreComing has 1 years experience.

19 Posts; 224 Profile Views

Keep up the positive attitude! Always remind yourself that the NCLEX is just a hoop that you have to jump through and that you're well on your way! If you can, try to isolate what aspect of the NCLEX you're struggling with, whether that be certain subjects/topics or improving your test-taking strategies. I would recommend doing uWorld problems with their rationales and taking notes, Youtube also has a slew of amazing resources you can use to prepare for the NCLEX. Best of luck to you, let's hope the third time's a charm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delilah has 3 years experience.

3 Posts; 231 Profile Views

On 2/12/2020 at 5:17 AM, HappierTimesAreComing said:

Keep up the positive attitude! Always remind yourself that the NCLEX is just a hoop that you have to jump through and that you're well on your way! If you can, try to isolate what aspect of the NCLEX you're struggling with, whether that be certain subjects/topics or improving your test-taking strategies. I would recommend doing uWorld problems with their rationales and taking notes, Youtube also has a slew of amazing resources you can use to prepare for the NCLEX. Best of luck to you, let's hope the third time's a charm!

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. I will definitely try what you suggested  : ). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 Posts; 1,273 Profile Views

Delilah, I just took NCLEX on Thursday for the first time and  I never felt so stressed until then. The computer shut down at 190 questions and I felt relieved but more stressed.  I studied a whole lot and did 1000s of questions but that didn't help.  I am now starting over and believed that next time around, I could safely say that I passed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 Posts; 1,273 Profile Views

Thanks for the study tips! I will pay specific attention to the s&s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delilah has 3 years experience.

3 Posts; 231 Profile Views

11 hours ago, dalgo11 said:

Thanks for the study tips! I will pay specific attention to the s&s.

Did you pass?! I hope you did!

Treat select all supply questions as True or False questions and remember that whatever the question is you have the orders from the doctor already. That's what helps me a lot on those now. S&S can be hard but try to remember whether the S&S will cause the patient to go UP or DOWN. 

17 hours ago, dalgo11 said:

Delilah, I just took NCLEX on Thursday for the first time and  I never felt so stressed until then. The computer shut down at 190 questions and I felt relieved but more stressed.  I studied a whole lot and did 1000s of questions but that didn't help.  I am now starting over and believed that next time around, I could safely say that I passed!

YOU GOT THIS!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aminamhae specializes in Psyche.

9 Posts; 50 Profile Views

Good luck and I hope you pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hopefulRN'17 has 2 years experience as a ASN, RN and specializes in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.

720 Posts; 17,225 Profile Views

Delilah, I graduated the same time as you. I failed twice. I then got it together and passed on the 3rd time with 75Q.  Don't give up, you can do it. Be positive. Take one question at a time.

Wishing you the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

mmdrbm has 1 years experience and specializes in LPN.

4 Posts; 121 Profile Views

On 2/15/2020 at 6:14 PM, dalgo11 said:

Delilah, I just took NCLEX on Thursday for the first time and  I never felt so stressed until then. The computer shut down at 190 questions and I felt relieved but more stressed.  I studied a whole lot and did 1000s of questions but that didn't help.  I am now starting over and believed that next time around, I could safely say that I passed!

Keep studying and remediate. Remediation should be double the time it took you to answer the question. Also, Kaplan offered a great 2 day study session on how to break the question apart so you can identify the topic and such. It also teaches you the decision tree. Keep pushing forward. Good luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.