Fellow nurses, I need some advice. I couldn't find any posts of nurses being between two offers at the same hospital and being in my circumstances.
I just landed an ER job at the hospital of my dreams. I was holding out for my dream job in the OR at the same hospital but hadn't heard from them. I had one offer (ER) and I couldn't afford to risk losing it so I accepted. That same day (hours later) the OR reached out to interview. I have a very good shot of getting the OR job because I have the training for it as entry level (am taking Periop 101 right now) and I have people in the OR department vouching for me. (I've been told I basically already have the job)
However, the ER management that I met are amazing and seem to be great people to work for and of course, the ER experience would be excellent for me. This would be my first hospital job with 2 years of SNF experience as an RN.
I don't start for another six weeks so its still early on. This all happened 24 hour ago. I didn't mention the hours for either position because I didn't want replies to get side tracked and they aren't relevant to my decision because I'd be willing to work both schedules.
So my dilemma is .. I don't know what to do? If I take back my acceptance for the ER, I'm burning a bridge within the same hospital, and if I tell the OR that I can't interview for them because I accepted the ER job because I hadn't heard from them, I'm scared I will lose the momentum that landed me in this position in the first place. I've considered talking to HR about it, the OR manager, or keeping the ER job and maybe trying to transfer to the OR in the future. I just have all this guilt because I really loved the ER management and staff. The OR staff I met were equally amazing but I feel bad because the ER actually offered me a position and I don't want to screw them over.
What do I do? I accepted the ER and now the OR is wanting to interview and I really think I'll get an offer if I interview with them. All at the same hospital.