Jump to content

TWU Spring 2021 Applicants

Posted
by sydneymcw sydneymcw (New) New Student

Hello everyone,

Are you applying to Houston, Dallas traditional, or Dallas N&W? I am applying to TWU Dallas traditional in August for Spring 2021. Right now I am finishing up some nursing core classes and I plan on taking the TEAS over the Summer if corona virus allows it. I also have TWU preference points that helped my admission score a lot.

What is your admission score? As of Spring 2020 admissions, to calculate your admission score, you can use the Google spread sheet. Download the file to put in your classes and grades.

https://docs.Google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HbY2cEa3zGJyrFW5pKvC-CI8AqQqve9drQlHZhzz11c/edit?usp=sharing

My advisor said that the competitive range is between 50 and 55 for Dallas traditional.

My Summer classes got moved online! I was really looking forward to getting back on schedule. I wonder if TWU is going to change the application process after integrating the PASS/FAIL option.

I am also hopeful to get into the Spring 2021 cohort. I was just reviewing the Excel sheet you posted, it looks like a great tool. Are you able to unlock the worksheet so that everyone on the thread can enter in their info and see how we all stack up 🙂 ? Thanks!

On 4/16/2020 at 11:18 PM, ChasingThatBSN said:

I am also hopeful to get into the Spring 2021 cohort. I was just reviewing the Excel sheet you posted, it looks like a great tool. Are you able to unlock the worksheet so that everyone on the thread can enter in their info and see how we all stack up 🙂 ? Thanks!

I just changed the document so that anyone with the link can edit it. 👍

coffeeandscrubs_, CNA

Specializes in ICU. Has 1 years experience.

Hello!

I am in the same boat applying to the Houston Spring cohort. I am finishing my pre-reqs in the Summer and will see what happens with TEAS depending on COVID

CSesh

Specializes in Math. Has 2 years experience.

Hi all. Hoping to get admitted next year. Any of you know if TWU accepts credits from Portage Learning (Geneva College)?

Hey, does anyone know if TWU will be waiving the TEAS for the Spring 2021 semester? I know UTA is..

coffeeandscrubs_, CNA

Specializes in ICU. Has 1 years experience.

4 minutes ago, Lupita montiel said:

Hey, does anyone know if TWU will be waiving the TEAS for the Spring 2021 semester? I know UTA is..

They should know more in May from what I last heard. I know the Denton campus is scheduling tests in July so that might be the case for Houston as well

Hey all! I took my TEAS las week. It seems like with Texas reopening they might still request the TEAS. :/

Hello! I am applying as well. I am taking the TEAS this weekend. They have allowed remote testing for May and June. They are still requiring it. My adviser said the last 3 Spring semesters the minimum score ranges from 49.8 - 53.2. So I agree 50-55 is the competitive range!

coffeeandscrubs_, CNA

Specializes in ICU. Has 1 years experience.

1 hour ago, Josh LaBry said:

Hello! I am applying as well. I am taking the TEAS this weekend. They have allowed remote testing for May and June. They are still requiring it. My adviser said the last 3 Spring semesters the minimum score ranges from 49.8 - 53.2. So I agree 50-55 is the competitive range!

Hello,

how are you doing remote testing?

3 minutes ago, rnwishing said:

Hello,

how are you doing remote testing?

If you create an ATI account, choose Denton as your location, and all May and June options will be open for remote testing.

6 hours ago, Josh LaBry said:

Hello! I am applying as well. I am taking the TEAS this weekend. They have allowed remote testing for May and June. They are still requiring it. My adviser said the last 3 Spring semesters the minimum score ranges from 49.8 - 53.2. So I agree 50-55 is the competitive range!

For what campus?

coffeeandscrubs_, CNA

Specializes in ICU. Has 1 years experience.

6 hours ago, Josh LaBry said:

If you create an ATI account, choose Denton as your location, and all May and June options will be open for remote testing.

thank you!

just looked and there are test dates through August. I will do this if testing at HBU is not an option for in person.

CSesh

Specializes in Math. Has 2 years experience.

Where are you all seeing this on the ATI website? After creating an account, the site asked for student id/institution. So I can't proceed beyond that.

coffeeandscrubs_, CNA

Specializes in ICU. Has 1 years experience.

5 minutes ago, CSesh said:

Where are you all seeing this on the ATI website? After creating an account, the site asked for student id/institution. So I can't proceed beyond that.

You should be able to select just a school for your profile. You can change it later.
you go to the store to register. In Houston it looks like there are testing centers that are allowing in person tests. If it is remote it will say so.

96A7A742-037A-4CC4-A6DA-C830CA707509.jpeg

14 hours ago, Josh LaBry said:

Hello! I am applying as well. I am taking the TEAS this weekend. They have allowed remote testing for May and June. They are still requiring it. My adviser said the last 3 Spring semesters the minimum score ranges from 49.8 - 53.2. So I agree 50-55 is the competitive range!

The minimum score range of 49.8-53.2 sounds like that would be more of a competitive range for the Houston campus. As far as for the Dallas campus, I would have to say that a score of at least 55 or above would be considered a competitive range based on what I’ve observed.

Hey guys. Sorry I am new to the grading system at this school. What does it mean from 49.8-53.2? Does that mean the overall point system?