Let me tell you my story of success. I failed first time and feel like dying... i too had starting problem... i gave my first attempt in June 28 th and failed. then i was in deep depression. unable to concentrate on studying again. i felt bore when i sit in front of book to read content. days are passing and i applied again for my second attempt. but still unable to concentrate on exam... on september 27 th i got my eligibility letter again. then i fixed date and changed for 3 times. Meanwhile i registered for Kaplan... and didn't attended all the online classes and didn't completed Q Bank And Qtrainers... even...Compleately... later on october 23 rd i decided to give my exam on November 19th.. Then i started reviewing content from kaplan Course book Line to line and marking the most important points and first to do points and critical points. I took my NCSBN result ANALYSIS paper infront of me and marked the areas where I got BELOW THE PASSING LEVEL. i started with those areas.. studied completely and understand each and every subject point. then i read the the other areas.. then i reviewd it 3 times.but i didn't concentrated on pharma that time. except pharma i read everything in the course book 3 times and got complete concept . Meanwhile i keep on watching question explanation videos from kaplan.. and listened to each and every question how she is answering.. and practiced some.. got around 55%.(you should know my diagnostic exam scores.. its 33%) then i did question trainer 1,2.3, 6,7, and readiness test..among that 6, 7, and readiness in review mode. and reviewd each question how they are answering. On NOV 12 th i started reading Pharmacology in kaplan itself.studied and got thorough with all drug original names ( ex: Acetaminophen) rather trade names (ex: Tylenol). specially concentrated on Psychiatry drugs and urinary system drugs and special drugs that have very special toxic effects thoroughly. and studied all other drugs and main side effects.
Along with this i followed ALL NURSES.COM RANDOM FACT throwing from the start to the end once. LAST 5 days... I concentrated on only one thing. HOW TO FACE EXAM. I developed a check list in my note book to check a day before exam.
1. Did i take my ATT and ID proof.? Y N
2. Did i took good food and bringing good food to exam?
3. Did i wear worm cloths?
4. Am I confident.?
5. Can I identify the client in serious problem and require immediate care.?
6. Can I identify the most critical case with
CNS &PNS problems
GENITO URINARY problems
SENSORY SYSTEM problems
7. Am i thorough with all feeding methods for all clients according to system?
8. Am i thorough with all IV therapy methods administration and complication management.?
9. Can I able to identify the most critical Pediatric client?
10. Can i differentiate the management of ped client according to their G&D stages?
11. Am i thorough with special pediatrics disease conditions with exceptions(ex: Hirshprung's disease, Meckel's diverticulitis, stool pattern's etc.)
12. Can i able to identify the most critical Newborn?
13. Can i able to identify the MOST critical MOTHER prenatal on labour, post natal..?
14. Can I able to identify the most crtical psychiatric client.?
15. Am i thorough with Deligation to others?
16. Am i thorough with managing care and rules and regulations and guidelines for RN and which association prepared that guide lines or regulation? ( i got 5 questions from this area on exam)
17. Am i thorough with MY LIMITATIONS?
18.Can I identify the abuse cases?
19. Can I identify the most critical Geriatric client and Silent symptoms of geriatric diseases?
20. Am i thorough with all normal values and drug toxic doses and antidotes?
Along with this check list i made a notes to read before entering to my exam hall.
1. I am a RN.
2. I am going to provide MY BEST SERVICE FOR MY CLIENTS.
3. I am going to make decisions that are favourable to client and providing maximum independence for the client in finding options.
4. I should always support for client and fight for client and need to maintain my independence too..
5. I should communicate in my Best possible way to my client so that i can get Maximum information from the client with few questions.
6. I should know my limitations in giving care and i should made my client to know his rights while providing care in all areas.( surgery, Medical etc..)
7. I should know the religious limitations for clients of different religions.
8. I am going to give MY BEST SERVICE EVER IN MY LIFE ACCORDING TO MY TEXTBOOK KNOWLEDGE FOR EACH AND EVERY CLIENT FACING IN MY EXAM. BCOZ THIS THE BEST OPPORTUNITY:) TO SHOW MY BEST SERVICE TO THE BOARDS SO THAT BOARDS WILL BE HAPPY TO GIVE ME PERMISSION TO WORK AS RN.
AND i did my exam with 79 questions in 4.30 hrs. I studies 14 to 16 hrs daily from oct25th to november 17th. 18th i reviewd my normal values and drugs and all the check list and ticked. at that time i got all yes for questions in my checklist. I reviewd my notes 8 points before entering into exam. and relaxed compleately during exam and enjoyed each and every question of my exam. NOV 19 th became a turning point for my NURSING CAREER.
A suggestion to all of you ...... NEVER EVER BLAME THE NCLEX EXAM... bcoz it is giving you all the oppertunities to pass you exam ( it gives you easy question when you made wrong. it give u difficult question when we did right) Getting success or Failure in NCLEX is only in our hands and support of GOD. thats it. NCLEX ALWAYS ALLOWS you to pass if you made it right. ALL the best for your exam.:cool::cool: