What I did also to pass boards:
Well other than eat, sleep and dreamt about it. I did the following;
1. I did Kaplan course- Completed all the Q bank questions and the Question trainer. My % scores wasn't that great.
2. I did content on Saunders CD
3. I brought Saunders Flashcards it is in a blue book and I took a portion with me anywhere I went because you never know, when you will have a minute. In traffic, waiting on someone, at work downtime. In the restroom you name it. EVERY MINUTE COUNTS, SO DON'T LET IT SLIP AWAY
4.I also brought Skyscape Lippincott NCLEX questions on my PDA phone and did all the Post test and some content questions also. So I had no excuse.
5. I also used Fryes 5000 bullet points
6. I read Kaplan book, because it is an easy read
7. I read nursing made incredibly easy book and that is pretty good book, because it had alot of comparison of diseases in table like forms.
8. Then when I was driving in my car, I listened to NCLEX content review tapes for Nursing made incredibly easy. These tapes were provided by my teacher. Excellent auditory review.
In summary, the key to passing boards is understanding what you are learning not memorizing because the questions are ridiculously worded! But if you understand that you can only put on a pair of shoes one way and that is on your feet, it does not matter what COLOR they throw at you.
Believe in your self and dont second guess yourself.
If I can do it, so can you!
I would like to thank allnurses.com this site is an awesome resource.