Jump to content

Ontario Second Entry Nursing Fall 2020

CA Programs   (69,685 Views | 1,026 Replies)

RNthrowaway2020 specializes in Clinical Research.

247 Profile Views; 11 Posts

Hey, I used to creep these forums for the past few years and they helped affirm my decision to apply to nursing school for Fall 2020. I didn't see one started for next year so I thought, why not start one?

I graduated a while back so I'm a bit older, but my top three choices are:

1. Queen's

2. McMaster

3. York

4. Humber-UNB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

53 Posts; 332 Profile Views

Hiiii! Thanks for making 2020 forum, i did not have courage to do so haha.

I’m finishing up my 4th year at UofT. Applying to UofT only (along with prosthetics at GBC).

Honestly, my GPA is not competitive at all. It’s around 3.68 for past two years and my top 5.0 will probably be around 3.75. But I have a lot of EC including student exec/volunteering abroad+toronto rehab/projects I’ve done, so hopefully UofT takes a look at it holistically... 😞

Edited by Moochacho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

10 Posts; 161 Profile Views

Hi everyone! I’m so happy to see this forum, I’ve been looking for one for a while!

I’m in my fourth year at Western, graduating in April with a Psychology degree. I’m expected to have a 3.87 GPA for my last 5.0 courses, I work as a Personal Support Attendant, also volunteer at Alzheimers Society and as a tutor for children with learning disabilities.

My top choice is UofT, but also applying to Western, UBC, and Queens. Definitely a little nervous as I’m not sure if my ECs are enough! Looking forward to chatting with everyone :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 Posts; 769 Profile Views

Hi all!

I’m not applying this year but was doing this process last year! I’m currently at UofT for their nursing program so I’d love to give back and help answer any questions you may have. I know applications made me anxious but looking at this forum and past years helped a lot! So definitely check on the past few years of forums, helps a ton.

I applied to UofT, McMaster, and Western as well as UBC out west and got into them all so I can answer any application questions for those as well.

Good luck 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

53 Posts; 332 Profile Views

11 minutes ago, JayKayAay said:

Hi all!

I’m not applying this year but was doing this process last year! I’m currently at UofT for their nursing program so I’d love to give back and help answer any questions you may have. I know applications made me anxious but looking at this forum and past years helped a lot! So definitely check on the past few years of forums, helps a ton.

I applied to UofT, McMaster, and Western as well as UBC out west and got into them all so I can answer any application questions for those as well.

Good luck 🙂

Hey! Thank you!!! My biggest concern is GPA.. my 5.0 FCE will be at 3.68-3.70 which is a lot lower than applicants(I think). I do have good ECs but I dunno if they’ll save me 😞 .....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

57 Posts; 769 Profile Views

13 minutes ago, Moochacho said:

Hey! Thank you!!! My biggest concern is GPA.. my 5.0 FCE will be at 3.68-3.70 which is a lot lower than applicants(I think). I do have good ECs but I dunno if they’ll save me 😞 .....

Hey! Don’t quote me on this but I think that UofT looks at the whole application as opposed to just grades. I did apply with a 4.0 in my last year so i can’t speak to the whole “grades don’t matter as much” part very well (i did have a 3.3 cgpa though!). From past forums and personal experience, i think they really value diversity so having experience in a variety of subjects as well as experience in other areas other than healthcare helps. Look up past forums on how to write the supplementary app well, it helped me a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 Posts; 105 Profile Views

Hi everyone!

I will be applying to Nipissing's SP program and Humber next month.

I graduated from Brock in April with a major in kinesiology. My sub gpa is only 3.7. I have experience working at a children's centre, retirement home, outpatient hospital. I also worked as a clinic assistant in the summer and currently working as a PSW so Im hoping my experience makes up for my GPA. Btw, has anyone started working on their personal essay's yet? I just started this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 Posts; 244 Profile Views

Hey!

Does anyone know the earliest you can get accepted to either UNB or UofT?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RNthrowaway2020 specializes in Clinical Research.

11 Posts; 247 Profile Views

I was wondering if it would be worth applying to UNB/Humber's program, because I would then have OUAC and an OCAS account and not sure if it would be financially worth it? But nerves are getting to me a little

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

27 Posts; 326 Profile Views

4 hours ago, ss15ej said:

Hi everyone!

I will be applying to Nipissing's SP program and Humber next month.

I graduated from Brock in April with a major in kinesiology. My sub gpa is only 3.7. I have experience working at a children's centre, retirement home, outpatient hospital. I also worked as a clinic assistant in the summer and currently working as a PSW so Im hoping my experience makes up for my GPA. Btw, has anyone started working on their personal essay's yet? I just started this weekend.

You have some pretty solid experiences there! I am also pretty nervous about my grades. I am working on my personal statement for spp at nipissing now too!! How is the writing going? I don't know where to begin with mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 Posts; 105 Profile Views

@vvnursinghopeful

I started with just summarizing my volunteer and professional experience. Now Im trying to expand the things I learned from each environment and how it can apply to nursing. But Im starting to worry about the word count! Already at a full page.

Edited by ss15ej

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

danaryn has 1 years experience.

23 Posts; 306 Profile Views

On 12/22/2019 at 6:45 PM, Kayla810 said:

Hey!

Does anyone know the earliest you can get accepted to either UNB or UofT?

Not sure about UNB, but previously U of T has started sending out acceptances on the first or second Monday of April. They're sent out on a continuing basis until the end of June.

I'm a second year nursing student at U of T right now so feel free (everyone!) to ask me any questions about the program 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.