2.5 GPA / Advice for Nursing Programs

Updated | Posted
by hrocketh (New) New Student

should-consider-private-nursing-school-improve-gpa.jpg.4e38f361f61bb7b1285a6f1b1945e703.jpg

I have a 2.5 GPA and I have finished all of my prerequisites with B’s and C’s but know it’s not good enough to get into a community college for an ASBN program but I am willing to relocate if there was one. Truthfully, I feel really pitiful right now. When I started college, I didn’t take it seriously at all and was just going “to go” and I wasn’t putting in the work to study because I lacked motivation and was having issues at home but now that I finished my prerequisites, I feel like I got a wake up call on just how much time I wasted. I just wasn’t trying academically and, even worse, did not drop my classes when I was failing and have F’s on my transcripts (Physiology/Anatomy) but have since retaken the courses and passed with a C in Physiology and B in Anatomy.

Again, I feel horrible about my C in Physiology because, even on my second attempt, I wasn’t trying and KNOW I could have passed it with a higher grade because now I really do feel passionate about it. I’m attempting to retake Physiology (where I know I can get an A) and Microbiology (where I got a C) this year at a different college but I don’t feel confident at all about getting accepted into a college even after I retake my classes with such a horrible transcript. 

Should I just consider private schools? I’m scared because I hear they are very fast paced and that the credits don’t transfer out. LVN isn’t an option for me because there isn’t any in my area and I would not be willing to relocate for that… 

TheNursingdoll

22 Articles; 249 Posts

Hello,

I'm a pre-nursing student 🙂 Is this college one that takes the higher grade over the lowest? Also too have you considered an ADN/ASN program to? I know it's hard but it's gonna take some elbow grease meaning working hard for grades , I believe in you 🙂 Also too I always recommend it but WyzSci and AnatomyGMC are very good for AP

hrocketh

4 Posts

46 minutes ago, TheNursingdoll said:

Hello,

I'm a pre-nursing student 🙂 Is this college one that takes the higher grade over the lowest? Also too have you considered an ADN/ASN program to? I know it's hard but it's gonna take some elbow grease meaning working hard for grades , I believe in you 🙂 Also too I always recommend it but WyzSci and AnatomyGMC are very good for AP

Yes, Im actually super open about ADN/ASN programs but I’m not sure if there’s any that would accept me with my current GPA or my GPA after I retake classes… even those are competitive in my area 😣 I’d be willing to go out-of-state if there was one that would accept me but I’m not sure if I could get accepted because ADN/ASN is competitive nationwide I believe and I don’t know if they would be accredited for me to work in California 

TheNursingdoll

22 Articles; 249 Posts

1 minute ago, hrocketh said:

Yes, Im actually super open about ADN/ASN programs but I’m not sure if there’s any that would accept me with my current GPA or my GPA after I retake classes… even those are competitive in my area 😣 I’d be willing to go out-of-state if there was one that would accept me but I’m not sure if I could get accepted because ADN/ASN is competitive nationwide I believe and I don’t know if they would be accredited for me to work in California 

Hey 🙂 also too if possible you can do the CNA route , I had a friend with a situation similar to this and I'm considering that route while waiting. I would ask an advisor if I retook certain courses do they consider the higher grade

Angelskys

15 Posts

God has final approval for you and your Nursing Career. You will get into Nursing with that GPA have faith and just improve on your studies . Im pretty sure your smarter than you know.  You have follow your heart on your Nursing Path. Plus my GPA was recalculate from 3.4 to 2.9 and got acceptance for LVN program and start Monday. Just don't count yourself out 

 

 

 

TheNursingdoll

22 Articles; 249 Posts

6 minutes ago, Angelskys said:

God has final approval for you and your Nursing Career. You will get into Nursing with that GPA have faith and just improve on your studies . Im pretty sure your smarter than you know.  You have follow your heart on your Nursing Path. Plus my GPA was recalculate from 3.4 to 2.9 and got acceptance for LVN program and start Monday. Just don't count yourself out 

 

 

 

good luck in your program ❤️

icedcof3

15 Posts

Don't go to a private program if you can't afford it. If you do decide to go this route, make sure the school is at least reputable. I wish you luck!

Angelskys

15 Posts

well update I fail 2 classes and now I HAVE TO REENROLL . How long will take to even get approved again?