Jump to content

FIU Generic BSN Fall 2021

Posted
JamesBond JamesBond (New) New Student Pre-Student

Hey guys!! I realized that a thread for FIU’s Generic BSN program have not been created yet so I decided to start one. Submitted my application earlier today and I am so nervous!

Feel free to share your experience, stats, or anything else that you’d like. 

Thanks for creating the thread! I also submitted my application a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone knew when we would be receiving our acceptance letters? I've heard its in the middle of May but I'm not sure if its changed this year. 

 

5 minutes ago, Ash1727 said:

Thanks for creating the thread! I also submitted my application a couple of weeks ago and I was wondering if anyone knew when we would be receiving our acceptance letters? I've heard its in the middle of May but I'm not sure if its changed this year. 

Yes! 🙂

I’m not sure if much has changed but acceptance letters usually go out between May 11th to as late as the first week of June. Hopefully we don’t have to wait until June! 

3 hours ago, JamesBond said:

 

Yes! 🙂

I’m not sure if much has changed but acceptance letters usually go out between May 11th to as late as the first week of June. Hopefully we don’t have to wait until June! 

hopefully not! that would be torture.

On 3/17/2021 at 3:25 PM, Ash1727 said:

hopefully not! that would be torture.

Let’s hope for the best 🤞

Do you think COVID-19 has an impact on how many people applying this year? 

On 3/19/2021 at 4:12 AM, JamesBond said:

Let’s hope for the best 🤞

Do you think COVID-19 has an impact on how many people applying this year? 

I think it will definitely affect how many people apply, I'm just not sure if its going to increase or decrease. In the information session the advisor said that there is usually around 300 applicants. This year though they are accepting 1 failure/retake which means more people qualify to apply so im not really sure how that'll impact the applicant pool. 

1 hour ago, Ash1727 said:

I think it will definitely affect how many people apply, I'm just not sure if its going to increase or decrease. In the information session the advisor said that there is usually around 300 applicants. This year though they are accepting 1 failure/retake which means more people qualify to apply so im not really sure how that'll impact the applicant pool. 

It’s quite possible that it will increase. I know that at UCF they saw a 26% increase in applicants this year. 
https://nursing.ucf.edu/news/wftv9-ucf-college-of-nursing-sees-spike-in-applications-during-the-pandemic/

Let’s just hope for the best like you said! 
 

I have two questions @Ash1727 if you don’t mind. When you took the TEAS at FIU you did not have to go on ATI to transfer it to the nursing department correct? Also, have you received an email from the nursing department that your Nursingcas application has been received? 

10 hours ago, JamesBond said:

I have two questions @Ash1727 if you don’t mind. When you took the TEAS at FIU you did not have to go on ATI to transfer it to the nursing department correct? Also, have you received an email from the nursing department that your Nursingcas application has been received? 

When I signed up and took it (Oct 2020) I don't recall ever having to specifically request for ATI to send the scores to FIU. Im pretty sure when you take it through the school your school receives the scores. If you check your score report it should tell you the program that your scores where sent to. Also, I have not received notice from the nursing department that my application has been received, have you?

2 hours ago, Ash1727 said:

When I signed up and took it (Oct 2020) I don't recall ever having to specifically request for ATI to send the scores to FIU. Im pretty sure when you take it through the school your school receives the scores. If you check your score report it should tell you the program that your scores where sent to. Also, I have not received notice from the nursing department that my application has been received, have you?

Phew 😅 Thank God. I was a bit worried that I had to send my TEAS scores to the nursing department from the testing center. 

No, neither have I. Maybe the only email we will get is when we’re notified of a decision. 
 

 

Hey guys,

I also applied for the generic BSN. I am freaking out, hoping it works out. 

What other schools did you guys apply to? How are your stats?

I made an 84 on my TEAS with an 85 on science. 4.0 GPA but have no community hours which makes me nervous.