Jump to content

CSUSM ABSN Summer 2021

School Programs   (590 Views | 17 Replies)
by bmancilla21 bmancilla21 (New) New Student

95 Profile Views; 6 Posts

Anyone planning on applying to CSUSM's ABSN for Summer of 2021? I know it's early, but their priority deadline is Septmber 30th, 2020. I was hoping we could consolidate questions/info on this thread as we go along.

I have one more prereq to go (anatomy this Summer) before my app is complete. Where is everyone else at in the process?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Posts; 97 Profile Views

I’m applying to the Spring semester, but  I am highly considering just waiting for Summer 2021 since it’s so close to home.  I got a 40 on my evaluation, so I’m really hoping I’ll be able to get in.

Was hoping to get into the Fall 2020 cohort, but I didn’t finish Microbiology in time 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 Posts; 95 Profile Views

12 hours ago, Ncsila said:

I’m applying to the Spring semester, but  I am highly considering just waiting for Summer 2021 since it’s so close to home.  I got a 40 on my evaluation, so I’m really hoping I’ll be able to get in.

Was hoping to get into the Fall 2020 cohort, but I didn’t finish Microbiology in time 😞

Yea that’s part of the reason I’m applying in Summer, is to be at the Temecula campus. As long as I do well in anatomy I’ll be right around 40 points as well so I’m hoping that’s competitive enough. I guess we’ll see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 Posts; 277 Profile Views

On 6/20/2020 at 9:18 PM, Ncsila said:

I’m applying to the Spring semester, but  I am highly considering just waiting for Summer 2021 since it’s so close to home.  I got a 40 on my evaluation, so I’m really hoping I’ll be able to get in.

Was hoping to get into the Fall 2020 cohort, but I didn’t finish Microbiology in time 😞

40 should absolutely be competitive enough!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Posts; 97 Profile Views

You think so?  Enough to pass up a potential acceptance in the Spring?  It would suck pretty bad if I waited until Summer and then didn’t get accepted 😂

I’ll keep this in mind!  Thanks 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 Posts; 277 Profile Views

45 minutes ago, Ncsila said:

You think so?  Enough to pass up a potential acceptance in the Spring?  It would suck pretty bad if I waited until Summer and then didn’t get accepted 😂

I’ll keep this in mind!  Thanks 🙂

So I’m actually in the program (Spring 2020) I was just browsing the forum LOL. I had 40 points and got in in the most competitive semester they’ve ever had. I also have been told (don’t hold me to it) that Temecula campus is easier to get into because most people don’t want to drive that far from SD etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 Posts; 14 Profile Views

I applied for the Summer 2021 program and I have seen on their website that their lowest acceptance for 2020 was like a 35? So, I think you will definitely do well!  =D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 Posts; 95 Profile Views

9 hours ago, Deval002 said:

So I’m actually in the program (Spring 2020) I was just browsing the forum LOL. I had 40 points and got in in the most competitive semester they’ve ever had. I also have been told (don’t hold me to it) that Temecula campus is easier to get into because most people don’t want to drive that far from SD etc. 

yea I saw those stats! Crazy how much higher they were this time around. I also noticed that temecula was lower on average for everything so hopefully that helps me because I live in temecula. 

9 hours ago, Ncsila said:

You think so?  Enough to pass up a potential acceptance in the Spring?  It would suck pretty bad if I waited until Summer and then didn’t get accepted 😂

I’ll keep this in mind!  Thanks 🙂

That's how I feel too. I was planning to apply for an ADN as a back up, but I'm just going to apply to CSU and hope for the best!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

39 Posts; 277 Profile Views

4 hours ago, bmancilla21 said:

yea I saw those stats! Crazy how much higher they were this time around. I also noticed that temecula was lower on average for everything so hopefully that helps me because I live in temecula. 

That's how I feel too. I was planning to apply for an ADN as a back up, but I'm just going to apply to CSU and hope for the best!

I live in Temecula too😂 so I just commute. I was super surprised too. Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Posts; 97 Profile Views

On 6/25/2020 at 1:07 AM, Deval002 said:

I live in Temecula too😂 so I just commute. I was super surprised too. Good luck!

So I got an acceptance letter for the Spring 21 cohort! Woo!  I’m heavily considering accepting it and commuting just to get a head start on school.  Any chance you would give me a brief “day in the life” commuting from Temecula?  How far do you commute when there’s clinicals?  What does your week typically look like?  Is it worth the commute, or would you have liked to wait for the Summer cohort?


Sorry for the rapid fire questioning 🤪🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 Posts; 95 Profile Views

58 minutes ago, Ncsila said:

So I got an acceptance letter for the Spring 21 cohort! Woo!  I’m heavily considering accepting it and commuting just to get a head start on school.  Any chance you would give me a brief “day in the life” commuting from Temecula?  How far do you commute when there’s clinicals?  What does your week typically look like?  Is it worth the commute, or would you have liked to wait for the Summer cohort?


Sorry for the rapid fire questioning 🤪🤪

Congratulations!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 Post; 7 Profile Views

I just applied last Tuesday (6/30) since I was originally planning on applying by August for the Spring cohort. That got essentially cancelled I guess because of COVID pushing back Fall cohort to Spring? Not entirely sure on that, and a bit bummed I won't be at main campus if I get in but also excited to potentially start. Hoping it only takes a week or two for my score back! If anyone who has already applied knows the time frame, I'd love to know!

 

Edited by danistearns
more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.