Jump to content
February 2019 Caption Contest: Win $100! Read more... ×
KiaaKoleeRN KiaaKoleeRN (Member)

Ball of Nerves!!! Help!!!!

NCLEX   (366 Views 10 Comments)
15 Likes; 285 Visitors; 20 Posts
If you find this topic helpful leave a comment.
advertisement

Hello!

I’ve recently graduated from nursing school around December 19 and I took about two and half weeks off with Christmas and the new year. Around Jan 5 I received my ATT and begin studying really all day and night with breaks every now and again. I didn’t get Uworld because I couldn’t afford it and I’m starting to feel terrible about it because I Such good reviews.

Anywho I’ve been doing Kaplan since the last two weeks of nursing school up until now and I’m in the 56-80 range some days are good some days are terrible.

I just took the RN Mini Simulation Exam from RN Mastery and I had a 62% chance of passing which I feel terrible about! I take the NCLEX next Friday January 25 and I just feel terrible! I’m so stressed out I’m beginning to feel like I know nothing and seeing these low scores have me doubting everything!!! I just don’t know what to do at this point I don’t want to push it out but I really don’t want to fail this thing! 

Any advice? 

How did you get over the anxiety! It hasn’t been such a big deal to me up until now!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OP first of all I don't know that I have any real "advice" as I am still waiting on my ATT and am thus not an expert here. However, I just wanted to stop by and give you some encouragement. You still have a week and a couple of days! And you've been studying non-stop. I think you need to give yourself a little bit of break time and try to do some things to reduce your anxiety. If you truly still feel that you are not prepared on Monday or Tuesday, is it too late to reschedule your NCLEX in your state? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I recommend UWorld; the rationales are more in depth than Kaplan unless you study with the ebook that Kaplan  provides.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 0.9%NormalSarah said:

OP first of all I don't know that I have any real "advice" as I am still waiting on my ATT and am thus not an expert here. However, I just wanted to stop by and give you some encouragement. You still have a week and a couple of days! And you've been studying non-stop. I think you need to give yourself a little bit of break time and try to do some things to reduce your anxiety. If you truly still feel that you are not prepared on Monday or Tuesday, is it too late to reschedule your NCLEX in your state? 

I had such a bad day yesterday I went ahead and rescheduled the exam I think that was best bet! I really felt discouraged seeing the low scores on Kaplan and then taking a mini sim of the nclex on nurse mastery and only getting a 62% of passing! So I’m going to start studying smarter and go back in with a brief content review to build my confidence back up I rather take it the first time knowing I tried my best then not and end up failing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Neo Soldier said:

I recommend UWorld; the rationales are more in depth than Kaplan unless you study with the ebook that Kaplan  provides.

I hear wonderful reviews about uworld and I’ve made a decision to push the nclex back and study using that for 2/3 weeks before I take my test! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello! I took Kaplan Live Class. Based on the instructor you should aim for at least 60% on Readiness test & at least 65% on other tests like QBank & question trainers. If your scores are within those range or above, then I guess you are doing fine. 😉

Edited by Vidia_08

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
advertisement
4 hours ago, KiaaKoleeRN said:

I had such a bad day yesterday I went ahead and rescheduled the exam I think that was best bet! I really felt discouraged seeing the low scores on Kaplan and then taking a mini sim of the nclex on nurse mastery and only getting a 62% of passing! So I’m going to start studying smarter and go back in with a brief content review to build my confidence back up I rather take it the first time knowing I tried my best then not and end up failing. 

Totally understand that! Well good luck, sounds like you are aware of where you're at and have made a good choice for yourself. When are you scheduled now? I wish you happy studying!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 0.9%NormalSarah said:

Totally understand that! Well good luck, sounds like you are aware of where you're at and have made a good choice for yourself. When are you scheduled now? I wish you happy studying!

Just a week so Feb 1st! I didn’t want to push it back that much especially when I’ve been studying so much already!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vidia_08 said:

Hello! I took Kaplan Live Class. Based on the instructor you should aim for at least 60% on Readiness test & at least 65% on other tests like QBank & question trainers. If your scores are within those range or above, then I guess you are doing fine. 😉

Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 7:18 AM, Neo Soldier said:

I recommend UWorld; the rationales are more in depth than Kaplan unless you study with the ebook that Kaplan  provides.

I stop purchased uworld today with the self assessment i like it better than Kaplan already! Kaplan was good at helping me critically think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×