Published Apr 16, 2004
HI I was just asking about a reaction i had to a wasp sting once and i wondered if anyone else had experienced the same, about 5 years ago i got stung by a wasp and about 10 minutes later i fainted, i haven't been stung since, but i was wondering if it was an anaphylactic reaction (or are these reactions much worse)?? Cheers for your help anybody!!!
You could have had a slight reaction to the wasp sting, reactions can vary from mild to very severe. Anaphylactic in severe cases can affect your breathing, your facce can swell and red blotches all over your body, will require medical intervention.
hope this is of some help
I was bitten by a wasp twice and basically had difficulty of breathing and generalized rashes which all happened in 5 to 10 minutes. My reaction is actually a bit less severe to those who reacted in less minutes compared to mine. Anyway, at present, I have my epipen (epinephrine) just in case I go into a severe reaction. :)
The best way to learn if you are really allergic to wasps is basically go to your gp and have some bloods taken for allergy assays.:imbar This will confirm any allergic reaction you might have for wasp or bee venom. The full blood work up will check on your response to other allergens like yeast, seafoods and other vaso-active amines trigger factors.
Create well-written care plans that meets your patient's health goals.
This study guide will help you focus your time on what's most important.
Choosing a specialty can be a daunting task and we made it easier.
By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X