Texas Tech ABSN 2023

Posted
by BSN2022sgs BSN2022sgs Member Pre-Student

Specializes in Nursing Student.

Hi! I am a current student and created this thread to connect applicants as it was helpful to me when I was going through the application process! Good luck on your applications!

mbguid

mbguid

17 Posts

17 hours ago, BSN2022sgs said:

Hi! I am a current student and created this thread to connect applicants as it was helpful to me when I was going through the application process! Good luck on your applications!

Thanks!! I'm curious how we can strengthen our application? Were you strongest in experience, interview, GPA? 

BSN2022sgs

BSN2022sgs

Specializes in Nursing Student. 19 Posts

53 minutes ago, mbguid said:

Thanks!! I'm curious how we can strengthen our application? Were you strongest in experience, interview, GPA? 

I think my strengths were in my GPA and my interview. I did not have prior experience in healthcare.  

iv14

iv14

9 Posts

21 hours ago, BSN2022sgs said:

Hi! I am a current student and created this thread to connect applicants as it was helpful to me when I was going through the application process! Good luck on your applications!

Which location are you in ? How do you like the program? 

bri2014

bri2014

32 Posts

Thanks for creating this post! Are you in the Dallas program or do you know anyone in the Dallas program? If so, how is it?

 

twuiu20

twuiu20

16 Posts

On 6/23/2022 at 10:23 AM, BSN2022sgs said:

I think my strengths were in my GPA and my interview. I did not have prior experience in healthcare.  

If you don't mind sharing, what was your cumulative and science GPA? And when did get invites for interviews and your acceptance letter?

mbguid

mbguid

17 Posts

@BSN2022sgs Can you share the schedule for the year? Like how many holidays if any could we expect? President's day, Spring break, anything in Summer? TIA!

iv14

iv14

9 Posts

Has anyone here who applied received an email about enrollment verification for classes?

bri2014

bri2014

32 Posts

25 minutes ago, iv14 said:

Has anyone here who applied received an email about enrollment verification for classes?

I haven’t

twuiu20

twuiu20

16 Posts

5 minutes ago, bri2014 said:

I haven’t

when did you submit your application? I know some people who submitted in May/June and received an email asking for enrollment verification

bri2014

bri2014

32 Posts

Just now, twuiu20 said:

when did you submit your application? I know some people who submitted in May/June and received an email asking for enrollment verification

Late June. 

BSN2022sgs

BSN2022sgs

Specializes in Nursing Student. 19 Posts

2 hours ago, mbguid said:

@BSN2022sgs Can you share the schedule for the year? Like how many holidays if any could we expect? President's day, Spring break, anything in Summer? TIA!

Started classes on Jan 4th and we had 2 weeks of BootCamp where we learned all the basic nursing skills. After that, we started our regular classes. They are usually staggered so that you are taking about 3 classes at the same time with maybe 1 or 2 weeks where you may have 4 classes. We have all major holidays off (memorial day, MLK, 4th July, and so on). We get a week off for Spring break in the Spring semester. We have about 2 weeks of break between semesters as well.