Healthcare staffing agency

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Has anyone worked for a staffing agency as a cna, lpn, or nurse? I'm not looking for something permanent, but I don't have much options when it comes to experience. I'm looking into working for a staffing agency and they have a contract to a hospital that teaches but it's like 30 minutes away from my house. Not sure if they have part time or full time. It would be nice if they had part time. Then I wouldn't have to put very much wear and tear on my vehicle.

Also, how do you unsubscribe from a post that sends you notifications? I don't want to be notified of a post I want nothing to do with, but I'm find with other posts.

Also, if I get in with this staffing agency, will this count as experience I can put on a resume for when iwant to apply at a hospital? Or do hospitals look at it as "this isn't enough".

Hospitals in Las Vegas require at least 1 year of experience before working for them. I'd like to work for this staffing agency part time (Per Diem) whenever I get into nursing school as I'd like to make some money but also earn some valuable experience the bigger budget/better paying facilities are looking for.

Have you already applied? Usually healthcare stafffing agencies want at least one year of experience before you can work for them.

As the previous poster said they require 1 year of experience. And my experience as a traveller was not a good one. Because if you can't land a contract, you don't get paid. If there aren't any per diem shifts available, you don't get paid. Sure the promise you the moon and the stars and eleventy million dollars an hour but that's only because there is no job stability and you will probably spend a cumulative of at least 3 months without a paycheck. That being said, despite making $50/hr you still don't make any more than a staff nurse due to gaps in contracts. Decide carefully.

How about just applying anywhere and everywhere? It seems from your posts that you are only trying to get into a hospital. There is many other places that use CNAs such as LTC. Valley Hospital is a big teaching center. my friend works there as a CNA. Another friend in the nursing program works at a LTC facility per diem but could probably work more if wanted too. There are CNA jobs out there but you might need to broaden your search. Good luck to you.

I haven't been able to apply yet, but the last time I spoke with the staffing agency (which was around last July) they said they need at least 3-6 months of experience "then we'll talk". Well, just recently, with no change in my CNA experience yet, I was able to talk to someone different and they said that they would be able to get me on to a learning facility that is really far away because they have a contract with that facility.

I would put in a year of experience but if I work full time and make a certain amount, my section 8 will take me off and I'll be on probation for 6 months having to pay full rent which on my own is pretty much an entire CNA salary. I'm using my section 8 for housing assistance while I attend a nursing program, if I can get into one. So the most I could work is the 6 months that I'm still allowed to keep my section 8 before it goes away forever and then quit the facility. At least I get experience from working. Not sure how I'll be able to afford my rent or eat or maintain other bills but at least I get experience.

I'm okay with any facility. It doesn't have to be a hospital. I just wish there were more part-time opportunities. I didn't think Valley Hospital was a teaching center since they want experience, unless you're talking about RN.

If I could put in at least 6 months, I would hope I'd have more opportunities in other facilities for part-time work.

+ Add a Comment