2013 UF Accelerated BSN Applicants!

U.S.A. Florida

Published

HiEveryone!

I am gatorguy3380, and I am planning on applying to the UF Accelerated BSNprogram beginning in 2013! I have been steadily working my way through my prerequisites and am studying for my GRE as we speak. I have been eyeing thisprogram for a while and have found that this thread is a great way to shareexpectations and successes for those pursuing entrance into this prestigiousprogram.

So it seems like everyone on here likes to know each other's "stats."So since I seem to be the originator here you go! I have a BS from FlaglerCollege in St. Augustine that I received 6 years ago. My GPA from my last 60was 3.55. I have completed Human Nutrition, Statistics, Human Growth andDevelopment, and A&P 1, all with A's. My overall college GPA is just a hairover a 3.0. I am currently in Micro and plan on taking A&P II in the springjust prior to admission. I am 32, a male, and used to be a law enforcementofficer. I feel that with a combination of my academics and my personalexperiences, with a solid GRE score (which I haven't taken yet) and stay ontrack with my pre-reqs I stand a good chance of getting in!

Just because I posted my info, there is no need to post yours. I like the ideaof meeting some of my future cohorts on this life course change and createdthis tread so that we could all find a sense of comfort in a tiny sharedcommunity! Good luck to all and I will enjoy interacting with you here!

Hey guys! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster on this forum.

First of all: congrats to everyone who got accepted!!

I'm a 21 year old Health Science major at UF with CNA experience and a 150/150 GRE score.

I anxiously had a friend check my mail over spring break and found out I was wait listed for the 2013 ASBN Class.

I haven't seen anyone else post that they were wait listed.... is anyone else in this position?

Does anyone know anything about being on the wait list for UF nursing? UF is my first choice.

I hope to one day call you my classmates!

Thanks,

Ashley-Marie

We have to accept by March 18 or our name is taken off the list. I would assume, after this date, is when they will see how many spots they have open and then offer them to the waitlist. GOOD LUCK!!!

I sent my letter of intent last Monday and have no holds. Should I be worrying?

Hey Trinity, I'm in the same boat. I scanned and emailed my confirmation of acceptance in and nothing has changed on ISIS. My hubby said it might be because I've already attended UF in the past so maybe all my immunizations are up to date? Not really sure, but I wouldn't stress about it!

I assume after March 18th we will be sent more stuff in the mail. That's probably when ISIS will show changes because until we confirm the acceptance nothing is "set in stone."

I both faxed and mailed my confirmation just to be sure it got there!

Fingers crossed that some people turned down UF and some seats will become available. Toes crossed that they will pick me off the waitlist... haha.

Does anyone know how long the waitlist is??

When I called about the wait list I was told that it was very short this year and that we should find something out by the 25th. They couldn't tell me how long the list was or my ranking in the list. So fingers crossed we hear something!

omg that's so nerve racking. So did he make it sound like we would hear from him either way if we were taken off the wait list or not? I'm so nervous. I want nothing more than to be a gator nurse! While I have backups... this is the only program I would know about before I graduate May 4. (I'm still waiting on FSU but I haven't gotten into any of the Florida public schools) Glad to know I'm not alone in this extended limbo period of waiting

Yes he did make it sound like we would hear either way. If I don't hear anything by next Monday I'm calling again. I really really want to be a gator nurse too and I am hoping we will hear sooner rather later because I will need to find an apartment and move. I'm so nervous. Also, I personally know of one other person on the wait list. I wish I knew how long the list is. He did say that sometimes they only take 3-4 people off the wait list and other years they go through almost the whole thing.

I know 2 other people on the list (friends of friends). One had a GRE score lower than mine (150/150) and the other had the minimum requirement (153/144). I think that's why I got waitlisted but I honestly have no idea what I did "wrong."

Fingers crossed this is one of the years they exhaust it!

I'm in the opposite situation... I live across the street from Shands in Williamsburg Village apartments (which I love btw) with my sister. We already renewed our lease, so if I have to leave I need to help find her a roommate. I graduate from my BHS program May 4, and need to make plans. Hopefully we will have a better idea of where we're at this week!

I am also on the wait-list and I know of 2 other people on it as well. I know that they said the wait-list was short this year. I just wish I knew what they consider "short" to be. One friend called Ken and said that he said that we will be called by Monday and another friend said that she heard that they are sending a second round of letters on the 28th. So I would expect calls on Monday but I am not sure how reliable the second round of letters is. Has anyone else heard that?

Did anybody on the wait list hear anything today?

+ Add a Comment