Published May 27, 2009
What does relocation assistance include? Has anyone ever relocated to find a job? What was your experience like?
Music in My Heart
I have relocated for a job -- twice... but not in the nursing field.
Relocation assistance in both cases has included:
1) 30 days in a hotel while you're looking for a place to live.
2) Moving and storage of household goods.
3) One trip prior to starting in order to "get the lay of the land."
4) One trip for the spouse to help find a home.
5) Subsidized real estate agent to help buy a new house
One place would pay closing costs on selling your first house.
Is this the norm or does it vary greatly by hospital? I am probably going to have to relocate to find a job and I am curious as well.
Note: My examples were from two industrial companies, not hospitals.
To whatever degree relocation is available certainly varies from market to market and hospital to hospital. It will, to a large extent, depend on their difficulty in recruiting from within their local market. If they're hard-pressed to find adequate numbers of nurses locally and are aggressively recruiting outside of their area then you may have a better shot at it.
Call HR at the target hospitals and simply ask if relocation assistance is available.
By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X