Jump to content

Lone Star Spring 2021 ADN

After a long setback (and a little family tragedy) I am ready to apply for Spring 2021. Since there's only two campuses that have Spring entry, is it prudent to apply to both? What I need to do is retake the HESI and wrap up this "A" in A&P 1. Admittedly, my first HESI was prior to taking the actual class (my overall was 89.6%) and I expect to fare better after taking A&P.

KW and CF teach differently and CF is an 18 month program that runs through the Summer. So it really just depends on your preference. Good work getting that A in A&P! It’s brutal!

Applying to KW only with 7.74

I applied for fall, but I'm not sure I'm going to get in, so I will be applying in Spring if I didn't. Going to retake HESI and hope for a higher score. I have a few other schools I'm applying for, so I'm having a tough time deciding if I should bother taking English again (got a B) or if I should knock out Micro in Summer 2 (pre req for other schools I'm applying to). My overall score was 7.2, A in AP, B in Engl, 91% on HESI (took before I did AP2 this Summer).. Which doesn't sound high enough to get in to any of the programs.. Still crossing my fingers for fall but IDK

From what I've gathered, admission in Spring is more keen. There being only 2 campuses admitting. I'm certainly no expert on this but I would retake the ENGL course. Do a quick calculation on how much your score would change with an A there. If you can get >7.5 then do that and possibly keep your HESI scores.

13 minutes ago, twindaddy75 said:

From what I've gathered, admission in Spring is more keen. There being only 2 campuses admitting. I'm certainly no expert on this but I would retake the ENGL course. Do a quick calculation on how much your score would change with an A there. If you can get >7.5 then do that and possibly keep your HESI scores.

I’m not sure my grade would be posted in time, if the class is a 5-6 week course. I might just need to wait for the next fall set.. Boo.

8 hours ago, momtherofdragons said:

I’m not sure my grade would be posted in time, if the class is a 5-6 week course. I might just need to wait for the next fall set.. Boo.

From my calculations, if you were to keep the B in English you would need an overall score of 98.25% on the HESI to get a application score of 7.5/8.0

7 hours ago, twindaddy75 said:

From my calculations, if you were to keep the B in English you would need an overall score of 98.25% on the HESI to get a application score of 7.5/8.0

Yeah, I’ll probably retake english over fall and apply fall 2021. Boo 😞

Does anyone know how the CLEP works for the application to the nursing program. I've already got a BS in Anthropology with a Bio minor and I took the CLEP to get my english back in the day. How would they use that to calculate the points system they use? I've got an A in this Summer A&P course but haven't taken the HESI yet. Just wondering if I've got any chance of not retaking an english class since I hate it.

CLEP usually has the equivalent of a C grade. You may check with (MODERATOR EDIT OF NAME) at Lone Star to get a final determination.

Edited by Rose_Queen
Terms of Service re: posting names/identifiers

5 hours ago, twindaddy75 said:

CLEP usually has the equivalent of a C grade. You may check with (MODERATOR EDIT OF NAME) at Lone Star to get a final determination.

Thanks

I just signed up to retake engl 1301 at Blinn and will need to transfer my grade and transcript again.. Class ends August 3 and application deadline is August 7th... Anyone have any clue if it’s even possible to get the transcript updated that quickly? It took 2 days for my A&P to show up in May after finals and another 2 weeks before it was properly reflected at Lone Star for me, but I wonder if it can be pushed through any faster? Ug, I wish they’d extend it another week(please don't hurt me 😳)

24 minutes ago, momtherofdragons said:

I just signed up to retake engl 1301 at Blinn and will need to transfer my grade and transcript again.. Class ends August 3 and application deadline is August 7th... Anyone have any clue if it’s even possible to get the transcript updated that quickly? It took 2 days for my A&P to show up in May after finals and another 2 weeks before it was properly reflected at Lone Star for me, but I wonder if it can be pushed through any faster? Ug, I wish they’d extend it another week (please don't hurt me 😳)

You may need to do some driving to get official transcripts in your hand and deliver them personally to Lone Star and the nursing director. They may see it and figure something out. Call them in the morning.

Has anyone begun posting stats and updates for the Spring 2021 cycle? Can I add mine?

Twindaddy75 -7.74 (CF, KW)

sent in my application two weeks ago, and now just hoping I get in! Best of luck to everyone!

does anyone have an idea of when acceptance/denial letters will be sent out? Probably around August, right? 😅


jurassicpaark - 7.77 (CF, KW)

Just now, jurassicpaark said:

sent in my application two weeks ago, and now just hoping I get in! Best of luck to everyone!

does anyone have an idea of when acceptance/denial letters will be sent out? Probably around August, right? 😅


jurassicpaark - 7.77 (CF, KW)

twindaddy75 - 7.74 (CF, KW)

After the application closes. We may wait about 3-6 weeks.

See you in class!

You have to have your Hep b shots all completed before you can apply right? Cause that’s going to postpone me until fall 2021 if so. My last shot won’t be until November.

2 minutes ago, Danielle Hewitt said:

You have to have your Hep b shots all completed before you can apply right? Cause that’s going to postpone me until fall 2021 if so. My last shot won’t be until November.

Yes you have to have your titer before you can apply (is what they told me). Also.. just in case... make sure you have an A in A&P and Engl 1301, the lowest score they’ve taken the past 2 years makes it where you could score a 100% on the HESI and still fall short. So if you need to retake anything, retake it in the fall.

1 hour ago, Danielle Hewitt said:

You have to have your Hep b shots all completed before you can apply right? Cause that’s going to postpone me until fall 2021 if so. My last shot won’t be until November.

Unless you can present a titer showing a positive result, yes. It has to be numerical too (Hep B Surface Antibody HBsAb).

5 hours ago, Danielle Hewitt said:

You have to have your Hep b shots all completed before you can apply right? Cause that’s going to postpone me until fall 2021 if so. My last shot won’t be until November.

I got a fast track done over at IMU is Stafford. Took me two shots, 4 weeks apart. Finally got it done in May, and tested positive immunity and got it all submitted in!

This is maybe a dumb question but you guys have to take the shots because your positive and not negative right. Because I applied for fall 2020, still haven't heard anything so shooting for Spring. 😥🙃

×

By using the site you agree to our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies.

OK