Jump to content

Drexel ACE Nursing Program Spring 2021

School Programs   (800 Views | 38 Replies)

240 Profile Views; 134 Posts

Hey, guys! I looked for a thread for Spring 2021 ACE admission at Drexel University but couldn't find one, so I figured I'd start one here. The priority deadline is approaching quickly so I thought this could be a good place for everyone to keep up to date on what the school needs and when people are hearing back (especially with things being so up in the air in our world right now). Has anyone else completed their application already?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 Posts; 86 Profile Views

Have you heard back yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

134 Posts; 240 Profile Views

33 minutes ago, Zeeayy17 said:

Have you heard back yet?

I did! I got accepted last Wednesday! Are you applying for the Spring too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 Posts; 86 Profile Views

Yes! When did you submit your application? They received all my transcripts by April 17th so I'm assuming that's why there's a delay. Congratulations on your acceptance though! Is that where you plan on attending or did you apply to other schools as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

134 Posts; 240 Profile Views

3 minutes ago, Zeeayy17 said:

Yes! When did you submit your application? They received all my transcripts by April 17th so I'm assuming that's why there's a delay. Congratulations on your acceptance though! Is that where you plan on attending or did you apply to other schools as well?

My application was complete on March 23rd. Last Monday I got an update saying they needed another form from a previous school, got that in Tuesday, was accepted by Wednesday, so they're definitely moving fast. Hopefully you hear soon! I'm waiting to hear from NYU because I'm in NYC and don't REALLY want to move, but I'm 90% sure I'm picking Drexel anyway. Where else have you applied? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

46 Posts; 86 Profile Views

1 minute ago, marquisdelafayette said:

My application was complete on March 23rd. Last Monday I got an update saying they needed another form from a previous school, got that in Tuesday, was accepted by Wednesday, so they're definitely moving fast. Hopefully you hear soon! I'm waiting to hear from NYU because I'm in NYC and don't REALLY want to move, but I'm 90% sure I'm picking Drexel anyway. Where else have you applied? 

I applied to Drexel, NYU, and a college in California. I don't have volunteer experience though so I didn't anticipate getting in this cycle but hopefully next. Then I'm probably going to apply to more schools including those on the west coast. NYU is taking forever!! I'm still waiting to hear back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

134 Posts; 240 Profile Views

14 minutes ago, Zeeayy17 said:

I applied to Drexel, NYU, and a college in California. I don't have volunteer experience though so I didn't anticipate getting in this cycle but hopefully next. Then I'm probably going to apply to more schools including those on the west coast. NYU is taking forever!! I'm still waiting to hear back. 

Good luck!! Hopefully you hear back from one of them and you don't have to worry about applying through another cycle. Honestly, NYU is taking their time! Which one of your schools is your top choice? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

futurenp0096 specializes in Pre-Nursing.

8 Posts; 61 Profile Views

Hi Everyone! 

I'm a bit nervous because I'm not submitting my application until June 15th since I'm currently finishing up Anatomy. I will have to take Microbio in the fall, but other than that all pre reqs done. The only thing is that fall grades at my college are available January 11th and they need official transcripts / proof of completion by January 15th *yikes* but I'm told they accept electronic transcripts which my school submits on the day that you order them. 

Anyways, I'll post my stats right now and any comments would be super helpful because I'm really really hoping I get accepted but not sure of my chances..

Overall GPA: 3.52

Pre req GPA: 3.2 depending on my anatomy grade 

Developmental Psych: A

Chemistry: A- 

Nutrition: B (I took ENS200 which is exercise and nutrition sciences..hoping that they accept this) 

Microbio: In Progress (Fall 2020) 

English Composition: B

Statistics: A- in NSG 211 (evidence based stats for nursing) which I hope they accept

Anatomy: IP, hopefully a B but I'm so close to getting a C and I'm nervous for that..I've only ever got one C in all of undergrad but I've been having a lot of trouble focusing / being productive with Covid

Physiology: B

Background: I do business to business sales right now but I have 14 months (600 hours) as unpaid research assistant in an neuro psych lab, 114 hours of hospital volunteer work, a medical mission trip to India and currently volunteer with Big Brother Big Sister. 

ALSO, I don't know what to do about this..but I have a W grade the first time I took anatomy in Spring 2019. I know this can look bad or even be considered a failing grade by some schools, but I actually got into a really bad accident (hit my head so hard that it caused me to have a seizure on impact) and was diagnosed with a severe TBI/concussion. I withdrew because my Dr advised that I limit screen time and take it easy - anatomy was most time consuming and difficult course so it was the only one I withdrew from and I stuck it out with all others. Do you think I could write them a letter / e-mail proof with my Dr. note and such?

Any feedback or posting your own stats would be so helpful - thank you! I'll keep you guys updated, fingers crossed.

Edited by futurenp0096

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

134 Posts; 240 Profile Views

13 minutes ago, futurenp0096 said:

Hi Everyone! 

I'm a bit nervous because I'm not submitting my application until June 15th since I'm currently finishing up Anatomy. I will have to take Microbio in the fall, but other than that all pre reqs done. The only thing is that fall grades at my college are available January 11th and they need official transcripts / proof of completion by January 15th *yikes* but I'm told they accept electronic transcripts which my school submits on the day that you order them. 

Anyways, I'll post my stats right now and any comments would be super helpful because I'm really really hoping I get accepted but not sure of my chances..

Overall GPA: 3.52

Pre req GPA: 3.2 depending on my anatomy grade 

Developmental Psych: A

Chemistry: A- 

Nutrition: B (I took ENS200 which is exercise and nutrition sciences..hoping that they accept this) 

Microbio: In Progress (Fall 2020) 

English Composition: B

Statistics: A- in NSG 211 (evidence based stats for nursing) which I hope they accept

Anatomy: IP, hopefully a B but I'm so close to getting a C and I'm nervous for that..I've only ever got one C in all of undergrad but I've been having a lot of trouble focusing / being productive with Covid

Physiology: B

Background: I do business to business sales right now but I have 14 months (600 hours) as unpaid research assistant in an neuro psych lab, 114 hours of hospital volunteer work, a medical mission trip to India and currently volunteer with Big Brother Big Sister. 

Any feedback or posting your own stats would be so helpful - thank you! I'll keep you guys updated, fingers crossed.

Hello and good luck! Your overall GPA looks great and that experience is super impressive! As far as electronic transcripts, they definitely take them, but mine somehow got lost? I had to reach out and talk to someone and they immediately found them, so I'd definitely follow up pretty quickly once they're sent so that you don't miss that deadline in January. I would bet they're also going to need you to send in an extra form for your Stats class. Any officially designated nursing course on your pre-reqs requires an extra form they'll send you making sure you weren't kicked out of a program or had any academic issues or anything. Just thought I'd give you a heads up since it takes a bit to coordinate with past schools! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

futurenp0096 specializes in Pre-Nursing.

8 Posts; 61 Profile Views

Thank you so much for your feedback and for the heads up! I've never been in a nursing program - University of Rochester offers all ABSN Prereqs online but they're all NSG titled courses. 

What did the form entail? Did you have to get it signed by the university at which you completed the nursing course or was it just something you could fill out independently? 

 

9 minutes ago, marquisdelafayette said:

Hello and good luck! Your overall GPA looks great and that experience is super impressive! As far as electronic transcripts, they definitely take them, but mine somehow got lost? I had to reach out and talk to someone and they immediately found them, so I'd definitely follow up pretty quickly once they're sent so that you don't miss that deadline in January. I would bet they're also going to need you to send in an extra form for your Stats class. Any officially designated nursing course on your pre-reqs requires an extra form they'll send you making sure you weren't kicked out of a program or had any academic issues or anything. Just thought I'd give you a heads up since it takes a bit to coordinate with past schools! 

Thank you so much for your feedback and for the heads up! I've never been in a nursing program - University of Rochester offers all ABSN Prereqs online but they're all NSG titled courses. 

What did the form entail? Did you have to get it signed by the university at which you completed the nursing course or was it just something you could fill out independently? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

134 Posts; 240 Profile Views

45 minutes ago, futurenp0096 said:

Thank you so much for your feedback and for the heads up! I've never been in a nursing program - University of Rochester offers all ABSN Prereqs online but they're all NSG titled courses. 

What did the form entail? Did you have to get it signed by the university at which you completed the nursing course or was it just something you could fill out independently? 

 

Thank you so much for your feedback and for the heads up! I've never been in a nursing program - University of Rochester offers all ABSN Prereqs online but they're all NSG titled courses. 

What did the form entail? Did you have to get it signed by the university at which you completed the nursing course or was it just something you could fill out independently? 

 

Even if you weren't in the program, because the course has the nursing designation, you'll have to get it filled out. Since you weren't in the program the head of the nursing department at your school will literally just have to check a box saying you weren't in Nursing, sign it, and email it. 

Once your Drexel application is complete and they start reviewing it, you'll get an update with that form. Just make sure to keep checking back because I didn't get an email about it, I just happened to sign in and see it! 

Edited by marquisdelafayette
added more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 Posts; 23 Profile Views

Hi! Does anyone know if we have to complete all prerequisites before applying? I have 3 classes missing that I plan on taking on Portage and was wondering if I can just submit my application now with my transcripts from my university that have all my other completed prereqs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.