Jump to content

CSUSM ABSN Fall 2020

Pre-Nursing   (1,588 Views | 12 Replies)

432 Profile Views; 19 Posts

Starting this for anyone that is applying for CSUSM ABSN Fall 2020. I believe the deadline is March 11th!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 Posts; 91 Profile Views

I applied for CSUSM ABSN Fall 2020 and received by points letter last week.  The letter reported that I have 37 points.  I am not fully committed to CSUSM and may still go the ADN, then RN to BSN route.  The commute to Temecula will be long and the ABSN program is more expensive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 Posts; 33 Profile Views

I'm applying to the Fall 2020 cohort! Still debating if I should wait to submit and retake my TEAS for a better score as my points aren't as competitive to previous cohorts. 

I attended an information session last week and they let us know that the Fall 2020 cohort will be at the San Marcos campus! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 Posts; 80 Profile Views

6 hours ago, rodrigk217 said:

I'm applying to the Fall 2020 cohort! Still debating if I should wait to submit and retake my TEAS for a better score as my points aren't as competitive to previous cohorts. 

I attended an information session last week and they let us know that the Fall 2020 cohort will be at the San Marcos campus! 

Oh WOW!!. I just recently checked the Spring ABSN 2020 cohort stats, and they are definitely higher than the previous cohorts. As for retaking the TEAS, I don't see why not. Do they take the highest TEAS score?

On their website, it stated that the Fall ABSN cohort will be at the Temecula campus. I guess they are changing it up to the San Marcos campus this year?

Edited by sp00der

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 Posts; 91 Profile Views

Very interesting. I was accepted into Summer 2020 and Fall 2020. A bit odd as I did not apply for Summer. I reached out to the staff to verify the location of each cohort. I’ll let you know when I receive an answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 Posts; 33 Profile Views

14 hours ago, sp00der said:

Oh WOW!. I just recently checked the Spring ABSN 2020 cohort stats, and they are definitely higher than the previous cohorts. As for retaking the TEAS, I don't see why not. Do they take the highest TEAS score?

On their website, it stated that the Fall ABSN cohort will be at the Temecula campus. I guess they are changing it up to the San Marcos campus this year?

Yeah the stats for each cohort have definitely increased a lot. They do accept the highest TEAS score which is great, so I’ll retake it and have my point re-evaluated once I have my new scores! 

 

4 hours ago, smiley247365 said:

Very interesting. I was accepted into Summer 2020 and Fall 2020. A bit odd as I did not apply for Summer. I reached out to the staff to verify the location of each cohort. I’ll let you know when I receive an answer. 

You’ve been accepted into fall 2020 already?? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 Posts; 91 Profile Views

Okay, I misunderstood what was in myCSUSM.  I have been accepted to Summer 2020,  Application to Fall 2020 is withdrawn pending acceptance to Summer 2020.  I have 37 points.  I can't decide if I should just take Summer or try for Fall...

Location for Summer 2020 is Temecula

Location for Fall 2020 is San Marcos.  

I confirmed this by calling the office for Extended Learning at CSUSM 760-750-4020 

Edited by smiley247365

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 Posts; 36 Profile Views

Hi!

I'll be applying for the Fall term with 37 points. I was accepted for the Summer, but I decided to decline. Fall is a better time for me due to many reasons. It's supeeeeeeer scary declining though because it's getting more competitive. 😫

Good luck guys! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 Posts; 91 Profile Views

Quote
15 hours ago, mbwangs said:

Hi!

I'll be applying for the Fall term with 37 points. I was accepted for the Summer, but I decided to decline. Fall is a better time for me due to many reasons. It's supeeeeeeer scary declining though because it's getting more competitive. 😫

Good luck guys! 

Good luck!  You and I are doing the same thing. I also have 37 points.  Its so scary to decline a sure thing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 Posts; 29 Profile Views

For the applicants that are accepted for Fall 2020 when did you guys submit your application?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 Posts; 79 Profile Views

2 hours ago, JCastro20 said:

For the applicants that are accepted for Fall 2020 when did you guys submit your application?

They haven’t sent the admission letters for the Fall 2020 yet, only evaluations to those who applied before March 11th deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 Posts; 29 Profile Views

1 hour ago, anna_anth said:

They haven’t sent the admission letters for the Fall 2020 yet, only evaluations to those who applied before March 11th deadline.

Oh I see. How long did it take for them to send you your evaluation? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.