Jump to content

TEAS

Pre-Nursing   (737 Views | 7 Replies)
by janiyah517 janiyah517 (New) New

531 Profile Views; 12 Posts

What are you guys using to study for the TEAS? I really want to do well the first, so any tips would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AlissaTaylor13 has 3 years experience as a CNA and specializes in Float Pool.

38 Posts; 188 Profile Views

I just used the study book from ATI and I did just fine! I hadn't taken A&P2 yet and I still scored in the exemplary range for my math and science and the advanced range for my reading and English. It gives you the concepts and from there I just had to teach myself the basic concepts of things like the cardiovascular system and other body systems through online quizzes mostly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 Posts; 57 Profile Views

Hi everyone! My name is Cameron and I will be starting my pre-req classes this Summer 2020. I will be taking a Math class this Fall ( Math 152) for a couple of reasons. 1-An advisor told me that when I go back to school to get my BSN, this math class is a pre-req so she recommend that I go ahead and take it now. And 2-I haven't been in school for quite a while. I graduated high school over a year ago and I am needing a good refresher in math as this is a subject that I have struggled in. My concern is the TEAS test. I realized math was apart of the TEAS test, and I am worried about not getting a good score on the test due to the math section score. Now, I know that I have a long way before I even need to take the TEAS, but I would like to prepare ahead of time to make sure I have all the knowledge I need. So, I guess my question is, what is your advice? How crucial is it to get a good score in the math section of the TEAS test? What is on the math section of the TEAS test, and what are some good resources for me to use? Thank you so much and I hope to hear back!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AlissaTaylor13 has 3 years experience as a CNA and specializes in Float Pool.

38 Posts; 188 Profile Views

6 hours ago, cameronhicks said:

Hi everyone! My name is Cameron and I will be starting my pre-req classes this Summer 2020. I will be taking a Math class this Fall ( Math 152) for a couple of reasons. 1-An advisor told me that when I go back to school to get my BSN, this math class is a pre-req so she recommend that I go ahead and take it now. And 2-I haven't been in school for quite a while. I graduated high school over a year ago and I am needing a good refresher in math as this is a subject that I have struggled in. My concern is the TEAS test. I realized math was apart of the TEAS test, and I am worried about not getting a good score on the test due to the math section score. Now, I know that I have a long way before I even need to take the TEAS, but I would like to prepare ahead of time to make sure I have all the knowledge I need. So, I guess my question is, what is your advice? How crucial is it to get a good score in the math section of the TEAS test? What is on the math section of the TEAS test, and what are some good resources for me to use? Thank you so much and I hope to hear back!

I got 100% on my math portion even though I was so worried about it! It was mostly basic algebra with a few other kinds of questions like conversions. I hadn’t taken an algebra class since I was a freshman in highschool, but I used the ATI TEAS study book from the actual testing company and I just did practice questions until I felt comfortable enough with them to be able to do them in a timed setting! Also, the ATI manual breaks down what kinds of problems you will see and how many of each should be on your test. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 Posts; 304 Profile Views

@AlissaTaylor13 Hey which one did you purchase off of the ATI website? theres a package of a study manual including test a and b for 90$, did you buy that one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AlissaTaylor13 has 3 years experience as a CNA and specializes in Float Pool.

38 Posts; 188 Profile Views

4 hours ago, carm_LVN said:

@AlissaTaylor13 Hey which one did you purchase off of the ATI website? theres a package of a study manual including test a and b for 90$, did you buy that one?

I only got the physical copy of the study manual that’s sort of like a little textbook. I debated getting the online tests, but it wasn’t really worth it to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How2BecomeANurse.com is a BSN, RN and specializes in ICU, Coaching, Counseling.

17 Posts; 38 Profile Views

On 3/22/2020 at 10:39 AM, janiyah517 said:

What are you guys using to study for the TEAS? I really want to do well the first, so any tips would be great.

Hi @janiyah517 I would recommend using the TEAS online assessment A & B tests: https://atitesting.com/TEAS/basic-package/.

I would recommend finishing your prerequisites first. Give yourself about a month to study. 

  1. Take assessment A to see where you are at and what sections you are weak in. ATI creates the TEAS and the assessment test so you will get a good feel for the question types and test format.
  2. Then use the ATI studybook or buy one on amazon. I didn't really like the ATI one. Study and refine your weak areas.
  3. Take the assessment B test for a final assessment and after fine tune any studying

I found that the study books and assessment tests were harder than the actual ATI TEAS.

Godspeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.