I'm a reg. nurse from the Philippines and graduated 2010. I arrived here in CA last June 2011. I applied for NCLEX last August. After a week they replied asking for some additional requirements like my rle logforms. I was able to submit those in a week. And after a month they were asking me again for a lot of documents coming from my school.
Items that must come directly to the Board from your nursing school:
1. Verification letter from your nursing school that they follow the curriculum provided by CHED. If not, why. Have them explain if theory and clinical completed concurrently, in the same semester reflected on transcripts and if all clinical rotations are completed within the semester that is reflected on the transcripts and RLE
2. Clinical rotation schedule for the required actual/assisted/cord dressing/major minor procedures refelecting exact dates clinical coursework was completed, locations rotations were completed, instructor signatures etc.
3. Have your nursing school submit an explanation on when the required major/minor/actual/assisted/cord dressing procedures are supposed to be completed - which semester(s)
4. A student handbook for the timeframe you began your nursing program
5. Academic calendar which reflects exacts dates each semester, all holidays and all breaks begin and end
It is just getting ridiculous. They could've just at least explain why they are asking for those requirements. I've already submitted everything that they've asked me on their first letter, like my rle logforms, a copy of my entire VISA including blank pages, a copy of my prc license as a nurse in the PI, a copy of my diploma, and I even submitted a copy of my board exam rating. I don't just get the reason why are they asking me those additional requirements when I've already presented that - just like the other Filipino applicants, I legally graduated from a qualified university with the right curriculum. Why can't they just send me my eligibility.