Jump to content

LFCC Fall 2020 Hopefuls

School Programs   (2,938 Views | 94 Replies)
by NurseKitty NurseKitty (New) New Student

177 Profile Views; 14 Posts

This is a thread for all Lord Fairfax Community College hopefuls for the 2020 application cycle. 
RN or LPN, I want to hear from you guys!!

What are your hopes, fears, concerns, etc! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 Posts; 178 Profile Views

Hello! 

I recently applied to the program. I'm VERY nervous because I feel I should have done better on my HESI. I've heard that they accept 80 students into the program.. but I've also heard it's only 50. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 Posts; 49 Profile Views

Hey there! I applied for the 2020 class as well. The wait is excruciating! What I have been told by people who previously got into the program was that if you are in the high 80's you should be good. Also the points matter and it depends on the percentage you received on each section on the HESI exam. If you're in the service region you get an extra 15 points which could be helpful. If your applying to the middletown campus they accept anywhere from 60-80 students. I hope this information was helpful! I was also told GPA is only used as a tie breaker. The HESI is a huge factor in the decision of acceptance. Did you take the HESI twice? I highly suggest to take it again before the window closes if not. I scored much higher the second time then the first. Good luck with your journey! Hopefully we both get in!

Edited by FutureNurse540

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 Posts; 178 Profile Views

The wait is KILLING me! I'm hopeful that my scores are good enough, but I didn't get the best score in critical thinking so I'm a bit worried. I don't have time to take a retake because all of the weekend appointments are taken and I can't take off of work right now. Agh! I'm also worried about my application. I replied to the email 3 times because for whatever reason all of the files wouldn't attach to one. I emailed them to make sure that they got them all, though. Best of luck to you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 Posts; 177 Profile Views

I did the same. And my signature didn’t translate to the PDF for the checklist, so I looked like an idiot when I sent it in!! Oh well, I was able to resubmit everything without a problem. 
my CT wasn’t great either.  I scored above the benchmark, but right at the point where it didn’t give me any points to get in. I was like “dafuq?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 Posts; 177 Profile Views

11 hours ago, FutureNurse540 said:

Hey there! I applied for the 2020 class as well. The wait is excruciating! What I have been told by people who previously got into the program was that if you are in the high 80's you should be good. Also the points matter and it depends on the percentage you received on each section on the HESI exam. If you're in the service region you get an extra 15 points which could be helpful. If your applying to the middletown campus they accept anywhere from 60-80 students. I hope this information was helpful! I was also told GPA is only used as a tie breaker. The HESI is a huge factor in the decision of acceptance. Did you take the HESI twice? I highly suggest to take it again before the window closes if not. I scored much higher the second time then the first. Good luck with your journey! Hopefully we both get in!

Thanks!! I hope so too! It’s too late for me to test, because of timing, but I think I did well enough on my first one. 
mid you take it twice, you still have to submit them both, so I feel like it might be counter productive in my case. I’m in that sweet spot between having a really good score, and possibly getting too low the next time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 Posts; 178 Profile Views

I completely understand! Hopefully we both do well! Keep me updated! If we're lucky, we won't have to wait too long to find out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 Posts; 49 Profile Views

1 hour ago, NurseKitty said:

Thanks!! I hope so too! It’s too late for me to test, because of timing, but I think I did well enough on my first one. 
mid you take it twice, you still have to submit them both, so I feel like it might be counter productive in my case. I’m in that sweet spot between having a really good score, and possibly getting too low the next time

Who told you that you had to submit both results? I was told you only submit the one you want to be reviewed and that was from the nursing information session. The one that is submitted however must meet all bench Mark's and you can't combine the scores. I didn't submit both HESI results and submitted the one that I wanted to be considered. This information came directly from the nursing information session and from people who currently run the program. 

I did test twice. Good luck to you with getting in the program! I'm hopeful for all of us! 

Edited by FutureNurse540

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 Posts; 49 Profile Views

4 hours ago, kj2455 said:

The wait is KILLING me! I'm hopeful that my scores are good enough, but I didn't get the best score in critical thinking so I'm a bit worried. I don't have time to take a retake because all of the weekend appointments are taken and I can't take off of work right now. Agh! I'm also worried about my application. I replied to the email 3 times because for whatever reason all of the files wouldn't attach to one. I emailed them to make sure that they got them all, though. Best of luck to you!

I have faith you did great! I wouldn't worry to much they do accept a huge class into the program! Hopefully in a months time we will know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 Posts; 178 Profile Views

12 minutes ago, FutureNurse540 said:

I have faith you did great! I wouldn't worry to much they do accept a huge class into the program! Hopefully in a months time we will know!

Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 Posts; 177 Profile Views

10 hours ago, FutureNurse540 said:

Who told you that you had to submit both results? I was told you only submit the one you want to be reviewed and that was from the nursing information session. The one that is submitted however must meet all bench Mark's and you can't combine the scores. I didn't submit both HESI results and submitted the one that I wanted to be considered. This information came directly from the nursing information session and from people who currently run the program. 

I did test twice. Good luck to you with getting in the program! I'm hopeful for all of us! 

So I was told by Nancy, the nursing advisor, as well as the testing supervisor. I’m not sure if that’s actually her title, but she’s who I messaged to get the average results of those that were accepted last year. 
I was told they only consider the one you want, but they still see both attempts. I feel like that kind of defeats the purpose of telling them which one to consider, if you know what I mean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 Posts; 178 Profile Views

9 hours ago, NurseKitty said:

So I was told by Nancy, the nursing advisor, as well as the testing supervisor. I’m not sure if that’s actually her title, but she’s who I messaged to get the average results of those that were accepted last year. 
I was told they only consider the one you want, but they still see both attempts. I feel like that kind of defeats the purpose of telling them which one to consider, if you know what I mean. 

Not to but in, but she's also who told you that they typically accept student who at least scored in the 80's? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
×

This site uses cookies. By using this site, you consent to the placement of these cookies. Read our Privacy, Cookies, and Terms of Service Policies to learn more.