U.S.A. Illinois


I am an international nurse. I just got my California RN license. Now I want to make an endorsement to an Illinois one. The problem is I have never practiced nursing either in my home country or in the united states, although I hold a degree of BSN. But, to apply for an endorsement, the Board(Illinois) sets a prerequisite of minimum two years of clinical practice (this requirement is for international nurses). Here I am brought to a very pretty dilemma. Without a license, I cannot work; and without working experience, I cannot make the endorsement. I do not want to leave Illnois because my boyfriend is here. So what should I do? Actually, I want to write a letter to the Board to explain my situation. I want to try. Do you think there is any hope? any other suggestions?

Thank you!:confused:


28 Posts

My question for you is why didn't you apply for an Illinois RN license in the first place? I think that writing to the board and explaining your situation can't hurt. They are hurting for nurses everywhere.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

By using the site, you agree with our Policies. X