What's the medical term for...

by KRVRN KRVRN, BSN, RN Member Nurse

Specializes in NICU.

What's the medical term for posteriorly rotated ears? Where the upper pinnae are back and down and the bottom earlobes are forward and up from where they should be? Is there an actual term for that?

And is there a medical term for "low-set ears" other than "low-set ears"?

(we have an FLK at work)

prmenrs, RN

Specializes in NICU, Infection Control. Has 42 years experience. 4,565 Posts

Is there anything about it in Smith's Recognizable Malformations...? Don't know off the top of my head.


BittyBabyGrower, MSN, RN

Specializes in NICU, PICU, educator. 1,823 Posts

Our genetics people always write low-set ears. I don't think that there is another name for it.

This topic is now closed to further replies.