Hello All, can you tell me what hospitals are good in non-Seattle Washington area for a nurse with about 7 years of experience? Specifically, I am looking at the ares of Vancouver, Olympia, and Tri-Cities, though I would consider any other ares you think are worth looking at. I am looking for the following:
- Decent pay as compared to COL and housing costs;
- Decent school districts in the area;
- Good health benefits with low employee contribution;
- Opportunity for other potential per diem nursing jobs in the area;
- A place where management is considerate towards the opinions of nurses (staff councils, shared governance, etc.)
- Decent ratios and staffing (a tall order, I know)
I think the Settle area would be too expensive for me. And the Spokane area too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter (basically the weather pattern I am running from where I live currently).
Thank you very much.