Jump to content

USA nursing

by AussiRN AussiRN (New) New


I was going through the forums and lot of us have been talking about NCLEX exams, so I though this might be a right place to get some information with all this knowledgeable people around.

I am Registered Nurse at Australia and I want to work in USA for few years but I dont know what is the process like to do this.

So please be kind and guide me

Thanks a lot in advance

Silverdragon102, BSN

Specializes in Medical and general practice now LTC. Has 33 years experience.

Moved to the International forum as per the red banner

A good thread to get you started is the stick called Primer to working in the USA. If you are specialised then you could go for the E3 visa (only applicable to Australian citizens)

If you can't go the E3 route then you will be affected by retrogression and looking at several years. Either way you need to meet state board of nursing requirements for foreign trained nurse, Pass NCLEX and have visa screen certificate

This topic is now closed to further replies.