Time to cut out the recruiter. There are plenty of hospitals nationwide that offer travel jobs between the nurse and hospital. No bothersome agency or recruiter.
It works better for people within a short drive rather than those living hundreds or thousands of miles away.
This thread's purpose is to provide nurses with what hospitals are providing those opportunities.
Apr 28, '17
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, C5-2
MedStar Georgetown is currently seeking an experienced Pediatric ICU Nurse for our in-house three-month contract position as a MGUH PICU Traveler. The incumbent in this position will qualify for a premium rate and will have the option to convert to staff following the completion contract.
EXPERIENCE: To meet unit criteria, at least two (2) years recent acute care experience in the relevant patient care area; must have 2 years of pediatric critical care nursing experience
· 3 month (13 week) contract with option for renewal
· Will be assigned to C5-2 Pediatric ICU, but will be required to float to: C5-1 Transplant Center for Children, C5-3 Pediatric Hematology/Oncology/EMU and NICU CCN2 - NICU Step-down
· May also be required to float to: Pediatric Sedation Program
· 50/50 Day/Night
· 50% Weekend
· Every other holiday
· First MGUH staff to float
· No self scheduling
· Not eligible for Clinical Advancement Program
· Not eligible for Educational Assistance
· Eligible for Spectrum CE
· Eligible for one week unpaid leave every four months
· Required to participate shared governance (councils and committees)
· May be asked to take charge and precept when necessary (not eligible for additional pay)
· Required to work a minimum of 36 hours per week
· Eligible for the employer contribution to the retirement program after one year of employment and completion of 1000 hours worked in each year.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing competent professional nursing care using the nursing process. These functions are performed in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Medstar Georgetown University Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
EDUCATION AND OR TRAINING REQUIRED: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing; Bachelor's degree or higher in Nursing preferred
LICENSURE AND OR CERTIFICATION: Current D.C. license as a Registered Professional Nurse; certification in Basic Life Support. Certification in specialty or related specialty preferred.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES: Ability to perform the nursing technologies. Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to set priorities and work under stress.