New recert cycle

Specialties CRNA

Published

Now that the dust has settled from the 4/8 year recert cycle beginning, anyone have definite plans for their Category B credits? Seems like you can just do 20 credits more than you would have under the old system of Current Reviews/Audio Digest/Ski Meetings and all is good anyway.

Is this really going to change anyone's life? It won't mine. My life actually got easier with this...

Specializes in Nurse Anesthesiology.

You can just have your class A credits roll over to class B once you meet the class A requirements. The problem I have with this whole idiotic plan is them basically just saying pay this money... take this test and pay us without any actual data to support a test like this in the first place. Tons of studies show these tests don't prove anything and if they truly wanted to make sure we were competent then it would be a simulation test. The other issue I have is how they say its a 8 year recert test but renew every 4 years but still charge you every two years so they have a continued money stream. You can even get class B credits just by precepting SRNAs or doing journal club presentations. I plan on just doing my yearly conference and allowing the credits to roll over.

I definitely would recommend avoiding Current Reviews. The MDA who owns that group is a very big supporter of the ASA and has made many strides to prevent CRNA scope of practice. I'd look into doing other seminars like NAFA, NWAS, Twin Oaks, etc. that will support CRNAs much better.

I definitely would recommend avoiding Current Reviews. The MDA who owns that group is a very big supporter of the ASA and has made many strides to prevent CRNA scope of practice. I'd look into doing other seminars like NAFA, NWAS, Twin Oaks, etc. that will support CRNAs much better.

Current Reviews or Audio Digest? Some fairly well known CRNA's write a lot of stuff for CR. That's surprising.

Specializes in Nurse Anesthesiology.

Yea many CRNAs do write for them but the president is very well known in FL for the ASA

Current Reviews or Audio Digest? Some fairly well known CRNA's write a lot of stuff for CR. That's surprising.

Sadly, yes Current Reviews is owned by a passionate FSA and ASA supporter. I would never use them for my CEUs.

+ Add a Comment