FNP opportunities

Nursing Students NP Students

Published

I was recently accepted into Simmons college out of of Boston, MA. I've heard really great things about their program and am excited to go to a legit program.

With that that being said, it is very expensive. I know FNP saturation is a real thing, but I'd be willing to relocate for a better job. Obviously getting a masters degree should mean a significant salary boost. I have my reasons for going to NP school; scope, learning, further knowledge, but there needs to be a financial reward as well.

My my ultimate goal is to be dual certified as an FNP/ACNP as my background is mostly ICU. Id like to hear from anyone who is making a decent living and able to pay back all these loans, contrary to what I'm hearing.

Thanks everyone!

I was recently accepted into Simmons college out of-of Boston, MA. I've heard really great things about their program and am excited to go to a legit program.

With that being said, it is very expensive. I know FNP saturation is a real thing, but I'd be willing to relocate for a better job.

Congratulations! Simmons College is an excellent choice. With that being said, there's very little difference between B&M, online, profit, non-profit programs when it comes to the education you will receive. If the program is accredited you can be successful! But, just like many other professions, you will most likely need to relocate to the areas of the country where there are physician shortages. Many will say the market is over-saturated. But most are women who are married and unable to move for personal reasons. That hasn't been my experience. After you get a couple of years under your belt, try locum tenems. Then start an S-corp. If you are willing to go where you are needed, it is not uncommon to make over $200,000 per year.

+ Add a Comment