No one to talk to about nursing... Am I crazy?

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Guys.. I'm 9 months in my nursing career and I get very nostalgic about talking about nursing. Am I just a big nerd? There's not a lot of pod casts out there about nursing, and haven't tried any of the books out there.

Did anyone find themselves just missing the talks about different nursing skills and science stuff we use to talk about in school?

Specializes in school nurse.

No. Mostly because the talks we had in class seemed so far removed from reality once I started working...

Guys.. I'm 9 months in my nursing career and I get very nostalgic about talking about nursing. Am I just a big nerd? There's not a lot of pod casts out there about nursing, and haven't tried any of the books out there.

Did anyone find themselves just missing the talks about different nursing skills and science stuff we use to talk about in school?

Looking at your other posts, it makes perfect sense that you'd miss school. Seems like you've a had a rough transition into the "real" world.

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.
No. Mostly because the talks we had in class seemed so far removed from reality once I started working...

True...plus the mindless/endless projects that had nothing to do with nursing instruction. I hated nursing school and there isn't one thing about it I miss.

Looking at your other posts, it makes perfect sense that you'd miss school. Seems like you've a had a rough transition into the "real" world.

Is there any way to "un-roughen" or does this just come in time?

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28048[/ATTACH]

Lol.. @night shift eyes too

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).
Is there any way to "un-roughen" or does this just come in time?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28049[/ATTACH]

Specializes in kids.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28049[/ATTACH]

Davey never ceases to entertain us!

hahaha.. I did once try to discuss rhe Krebs cycle. Not a hit with light convo topic in the break room. :p ... i wonder if i had crazy eyes while I was talking about it and didnt realize

I think when we see connections between the Krebs cycle and our practice, these are special moments that we keep to ourselves because no one else earned this special moment

Hahaha I actually explained somethinh to a new staff recently and related it to the Krebs cycle. They looked at me like I was cray, but I was fresh off a pathophysiology post grad course.

You want schmience?? Here you go:

Among nurses in their first year of practice, does exposure to a Brief (15-minute) Session of Therapeutic Disagreement on an Internet Message Board (B15STD-IMB) decrease feelings of nursing school nostalgia compared to no exposure to therapeutic disagreement?

Dx: Altered individual coping related to situational stressors as evidenced by trying to talk about the Krebs cycle while people are on break.

:)

Juuuust kidding!!

Any particular topics you want to talk about?

+ Add a Comment