Emailing an old job back

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Hi, just over a year ago I went for this job interview for anaesthetics but never got the job. I only applied cause I was really interested in scrub/scout eventually. Anyways I never got the job. But a month later he said to come back for an interview in scrub/scout. I went for the interview and he told me he would love to hire me but I have to get my permanent residency first as I live in Australia and I'm Canadian. I eventually got it but by that time I decided I was going to do some travelling. We never communicated again. Now I am interested in going back. Could I email him or have I already burned that bridge? Thanks

Why not email? Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Specializes in Psychiatry, Community, Nurse Manager, hospice.

Email him. Not being ready to accept a job is not the same as burning a bridge.

Good luck!

Specializes in Psych ICU, addictions.

Conact him. The worst thing that will happen is that he'll tell you No...which is pretty much where you are if you don't contact him at all. So what have you got to lose?

Best of luck!

I just received a phone call from a recruiter. I had interviewed for a different position a few monthd ago and then was promptly ghosted. She asked me if I was interested in a different position. I just told her no, I accepted another offer...

Anyway, point is stuff happens, both from employees and employers. Sounds like you just didn't follow up, which isn't a burned bridge at this point. Go ahead an email. The worst they can say is no.

Specializes in Critical Care; Cardiac; Professional Development.

You didn't burn that bridge. Most people are aware that getting legal status takes time. Reach out.

Specializes in Ambulatory Care.

I think it would actually look better on you to contact after all this time. It lets them know you went out and did what they asked of you :).

Specializes in Pedi.

As one of your fellow Canadians once said, "you miss 100% of the shots you don't take." There is literally nothing to lose by emailing.

+ Add a Comment