LLUCH Residency Program Spring 2019

Nurses Job Hunt

Published

Since there hasn't been a forum posted -- surprisingly, I thought to start one to get people who have anxiety like me have a support group out there keeping each other in check!

Good luck everyone! I applied to hem/onc! Please share with everyone your status and what unit you applied for! and good luck everyone!

Hi!

I applied to hem/onc. I got an email saying my application had been passed on to the appropriate manager, but haven't heard anything since then!

hello fellow new grads! i'm glad to find this thread- i've applied for the Cardiothoracic ICU & had my interview today! good luck everyone!

hello fellow new grads! i'm glad to find this thread- i've applied for the Cardiothoracic ICU & had my interview today! good luck everyone!
for Loma Lina Children's?

yes! that is what this thread is for right? lol unless i have misinterpreted the acronym

for Loma Lina Children's?

yes! that is what this thread is for right? lol unless i have misinterpreted the acronym

anyone know when we should be hearing back for interviews? I also applied for hem/onc and have yet to hear back, besides the email that my application was forwarded to the manager!

Congrats! How did your interview go?! They got back to you fast!

How was the interview? Was it group or panel? Do anyone know which other units have called and scheduled interview with the applicants?

Hello!

I also applied for their CVICU and interviewed yesterday. The interview was with two people for that unit. The questions were very stereotypical hospital type interview questions (ie. specific situation examples- "tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker/how it was resolved?", "tell me about a time when you were a team player", "tell me about a time when you went above and beyond your job description", "tell me about a time you had to adapt in a situation at your job"). Hope this helps, best of luck everyone!

Congrats! How did your interview go?! They got back to you fast!

It went really well! For this specific unit, she told me they were doing interviews this week and making decisions next week. Like @babyrn94 said, I had the same experience. Interviewed with the manager and another member of the leadership team and they asked me probably 10-ish questions from a packet. They were pretty typical but not super easy, so have lots of stories in mind! I was glad I did. I also always recommend having questions you want to ask as well, because they provided a space for that! Hope that helps!

Thank you both for the input and advice! It is much appreciated :) Wishing you both the best of luck and hope you hear back great news soon!

+ Add a Comment