Performance Evaluation Goals??

Specialties School

Published

Hi, I've been asked by our district NP/medical director to send my "goals." She doesn't care about them, but the superintendent is making her go over them. What are your professional goals for school nursing? It's part of performance review. I have no idea what to put.

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

No student deaths or permanent disabilities during the school year...excellent goal.

No student deaths or permanent disabilities during the school year...excellent goal.

Seriously! I have posted about the ridiculousness of these so-called "goals" every year for the past three years! I actually posted a couple weeks ago about the fact that I am considering subbing at this point because my school has lost their minds with all of the administrative noise that has nothing to do with how I do my job. My DSO thinks these goals are BS as well, but her hands are tied. And they have to be "specific, measurable, blah blah blah". Anyway, I feel your pain.

Specializes in kids.

One of mine is to maintain my RN license by having the appropriate number of continuing ed hours. Then all my workshops meet my license requirements, thus I meet my goal!! We use Frontline and it is very seamless.

This year my goals were to update the Health Office Manual and achieve 95% compliance rate with immunizations. I wanted to make some sort of goal about increasing the students' health knowledge, critical thinking, and self-advocacy/autonomy in health and healthcare setting. However, we're do SMART goals and that seemed hard to porifice out. I do this, though, by asking detailed questions of each student to get them to critically think about what they need, what will help, and how they can communicate that in the future.

I did one for maintaining compliance with 12th grade meningitis immunizations (NYS now requires a 2nd dose for all students entering 12th grade and its a hot mess every year). I was able to outline how i'll obtain that.

But can't think of any others. No school workshops/inservices apply to my license continuing ed. Should I just say maintain my nursing license :D

+ Add a Comment