Kinsa

Specialties School

Published

Have any of you heard of/participated in the Kinsa FLUency program?

My principal is asking me about it, but I have a lot of questions that the website does not seem to have answers to. Looking for any insight.

Thanks!

Specializes in school nursing, ortho, trauma.

After reading through this it refreshed my memory of what in the heck this was- I remember getting an email a few years ago encouraging me to apply for the free thermometers that go with the smartphones. I was temtpted as one of the most common excuses I hear in a day when a kid drags themself into my office and tells me they've been sick for days and haven't done ANYTHING at home about it is that they don't own a thermometer. I thought - oh, this may do. Then I thought about the panic inciting app that this may bring about. Uh naw bro - I'm good. I'll just continue to gently suggest Walmarts 5 dollar special. I think that was the same year I got my Vera- Temp.

Why in the world did they include lice tracking? It's not an illness but it is a surefire way to create panic.í ½í¹„

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.
Why in the world did they include lice tracking? It's not an illness but it is a surefire way to create panic.������

You bet!! Just listen to the news media accounts of the caravan in Tijuana...TB, HIV, Chicken Pox, and "HEAD LICE!"

Specializes in IMC, school nursing.
You bet!! Just listen to the news media accounts of the caravan in Tijuana...TB, HIV, Chicken Pox, and "HEAD LICE!"

That's all we need. No longer does lice come from school, it comes from illegal immigrants!

+ Add a Comment