Donation ideas?

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

GUYS!

I'm going to be Santa this year for my kids at school!

Basically, I'm going to try to set up a donation thing outside of our school to see if I can get 531 gifts for my school, but I wanted to ask if you guys know where I can set up something like this? I tried that Donors choose but there's not any option for what I need.

Our school is in a low-income area and most of our school is 97% financially struggling. So I'm sure lots of our kids are not going to have a very happy Christmas and I want to help with this but I'm not sure how to go along this idea. My AP is cool with the idea btw.

If not I may do the Christmas angel thingy, but that's also something I have no clue how to set up.

Any ideas will help!

Specializes in School Nursing, Ambulatory Care, etc..

talk to your school counselor and/or social worker as these are the people who would should have a grasp on the needs of the families. I would think the Angel tree would be a little easier to do, but I'm just guessing.

Maybe this will help?

Tips and Ideas for Organizing a Holiday Angel Tree

Specializes in School Nursing.

Although we don't do anything within our school and provide information / wish lists to local services, we start the process for these things the last week in October, since the programs running drives and angel trees request this notice in order to best meet needs.

Just an FYI for the future in terms of time lines.

Specializes in School Nursing, Pediatrics.

What about checking with your district and other schools? Maybe they partner with companies or local businesses in your city/town and they can provide you with donations.

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

I asked my principal but he was telling me that while he's okay with the idea, he's worried about the logistics of that and if we can give gifts to everyone else.

+ Add a Comment