School Nurses During the Holiday

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).

Anyway, that's what I figure you all do.

Specializes in School Nursing, Ambulatory Care, etc..

spot on!

Specializes in School Nursing.

Some frequenters have already seen me today! Needed to let me know they made it through the break alive!

Already sent a little urchin home.

So darling!!!

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

You get us, Davey. You really get us. Welcome back all! 19 school days until the next break.

Specializes in School Nurse.

Actually, it's eerily quiet in my office this morning. Perhaps it's the tryptophan in all the turkey leftovers. I had three students in before the bell this morning to have caths placed, but I expected those. Crossing my fingers. Twenty days until Xmas break.

I have had a steady stream of vomiting in the restroom with 1 mom mad at me for not signing her darling out (didn't see me, texted from athletics).

Specializes in pediatrics, school nursing.

I second the eerily low census in my office today... I suspect the weather has everyone just kinda chilled out. Fingers crossed it stays this way! 3 hours until the end of the school day!

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).
You get us, Davey. You really get us.

I don't know about that ruby_jane- I'm reconsidering my perspective on you all. It took five days before I got a response on this thread.

I'm starting to think that maybe when you're on holiday, you don't think about your job.

When you're on holiday, you may not even visit this forum!

sent a little urchin home.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27961[/ATTACH]

I don't know about that ruby_jane- I'm reconsidering my perspective on you all. It took five days before I got a response on this thread.

I'm starting to think that maybe when you're on holiday, you don't think about your job.

I'd like to see evidence based practice on this.

Specializes in ICU/community health/school nursing.

YES!! This is why I love this job. Unlike the public health gig, where I spent one Christmas Eve trying to get TB testing for three children, or the ICU where I worried myself sick....I leave work at work most days.

Specializes in Cardiology, School Nursing, General.

I slept all the time... does that count as a vacation?

+ Add a Comment