Needy Staff day

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in Telemetry, Gastroenterology, School Nrs.

I think I must have missed this on the calendar. I have had multiple visits, texts, and phone calls from staff members today, most resulting in them getting frustrated with me because I have students with needs too. I want to shout, "I'M ONE PERSON".

Every year, I get older and the teachers get younger and needier.

I had one of our first year teachers - young gal, 23y/o - this is her first real job, graduated in May of this year - first time living outside of her parents home in my office crying this morning because she felt so bad. I felt like I was dealing with one of my own kids. I practically had to hold her hand and walk her thru finding a sub, getting her act together to go to the urgent care to be checked out. I was shocked - I guess it was her first time really needing to be an adult - lol.

Specializes in CPN.
I had one of our first year teachers - young gal, 23y/o - this is her first real job, graduated in May of this year - first time living outside of her parents home in my office crying this morning because she felt so bad. I felt like I was dealing with one of my own kids. I practically had to hold her hand and walk her thru finding a sub, getting her act together to go to the urgent care to be checked out. I was shocked - I guess it was her first time really needing to be an adult - lol.

Poor baby.

While it wasn't great in all aspects, I do appreciate how my parents' hands off approach to taking care of applications, finances, health care, etc, once we hit 18 really helped me figure out how to do things myself. (I think they found and gave me the application to fill out for my first health insurance plan after I aged out of my dad's, though. That was kinda nice of them.)

I'll tell you what though, it was really hard to all of a sudden not have anyone to call and get sympathy from or have take care of you. I'm sure that 23yo first year really appreciated the care you offered.

I'll tell you what though, it was really hard to all of a sudden not have anyone to call and get sympathy from or have take care of you. I'm sure that 23yo first year really appreciated the care you offered.

I know she did - she brought me Starbucks this morning as a Thank you for helping her :)

My parents also had a hands off approach when we hit 18 - I was living on my own, paying rent, working, attempting school etc etc etc. I compared myself to this teacher - I was such an "older" 23 year old than her - Heck at 23 I had already been married a year and had moved 1/2 way across the USA with my husband away from my parents/extended family & friends, I had to adult - haha.

I know she did - she brought me Starbucks this morning as a Thank you for helping her :)

My parents also had a hands off approach when we hit 18 - I was living on my own, paying rent, working, attempting school etc etc etc. I compared myself to this teacher - I was such an "older" 23 year old than her - Heck at 23 I had already been married a year and had moved 1/2 way across the USA with my husband away from my parents/extended family & friends, I had to adult - haha.

My mom was hands off from the time I was born, LOL. Seriously, she was never the TLC kind of mom. I remember when I delivered my first baby, those four glorious days in the hospital (c-section) were like Heaven. I actually cried when I was discharged because I knew I was going to have to actually lift a finger once I got home:roflmao:

+ Add a Comment