Old Threads

Nurses General Nursing

Published

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).

I think that the Threads here on AN.com should be like stories, i.e. they should contain the opening post as the introduction, the discussion as the body, and then have some sort of resolution as the conclusion.

Too often we never find out what happened- no closure.

I need closure!

Some Old Threads don't really die, but they're not really brought back to life.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27848[/ATTACH]

Specializes in OB-Gyn/Primary Care/Ambulatory Leadership.

What I think is funny is when it's a combination of the two - someone asks a question, a bunch of people give feedback, and then 5 years later, someone else bumps the thread up, asking the OP (who hasn't been back to the site in 5 years) what they ended up doing. Um, bud, I don't think the OP is going to respond.

Specializes in Palliative, Onc, Med-Surg, Home Hospice.
What I think is funny is when it's a combination of the two - someone asks a question, a bunch of people give feedback, and then 5 years later, someone else bumps the thread up, asking the OP (who hasn't been back to the site in 5 years) what they ended up doing. Um, bud, I don't think the OP is going to respond.

Or they give advice when there has been a resolution and it was posted. The person who bumped the thread just didn't take the time to read the last page!

I feel like an idiot when once in a while I see an interesting thread, respond, then see the original post was 5 years ago.....I wish Allnurses would do something with old threads so I can stop feeling like an idiot.....I do enough things in my life that make me feel like an idiot, I don't need more. :)

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.
I feel like an idiot when once in a while I see an interesting thread, respond, then see the original post was 5 years ago.....I wish Allnurses would do something with old threads so I can stop feeling like an idiot.....I do enough things in my life that make me feel like an idiot, I don't need more. :)

Aye! I can relate...especially when I look back and find out I've already responded to that post a few years ago!! I feel better knowing I'm not the only one...thank you!!

I feel like an idiot

Please allow me to step in here and just say that those are just your feelings, brownbook. Your feelings are not based in reality, they are based in emotions.

I love you and want to continue to be who you are.

Okay now? Daddy kiss a boo-boo?

Okay now? Daddy kiss a boo-boo?

Uncle Al?

Or they give advice when there has been a resolution and it was posted. The person who bumped the thread just didn't take the time to read the last page!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27854[/ATTACH]

Uncle Al?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27855[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27855[/ATTACH]

Him too, but I was thinking about Uncle Al from "Laugh In," you remember Uncle Al the Kiddies Pal?!

Specializes in OB-Gyn/Primary Care/Ambulatory Leadership.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27854[/ATTACH]

What movie is that? I like me some Colin whatever his last name is.

+ Add a Comment