Tips for AACN CCRN review ?

Specialties Critical

Published

I took the CCRN once and failed by 1 point. Did laura gasparis and practice questions....

Would like to take it again, what tips can you share that might give me an edge on passing?

Specializes in RETIRED Cath Lab/Cardiology/Radiology.
Specializes in ICU.
Specializes in Intensive Care Unit.

If you failed by only one point I don't think any drastic action needs to occur. Look at your score breakdown and study hard for the sections you were deficient in. When I took it I found Baron's CCRN Exam book to be a high yield study source with easy to understand explanations. I also used the PassCCRN online question bank which comes with the book. It consists of about 2,000 questions and was invaluable. I attribute a great deal of my success to the online bank. You can do it! Put in the time to study and be confident in yourself. Best of luck!

Specializes in CCRN.

You are so close! When I was preparing for the exam, I took a review course with Cammy Fancher. Her review was great and the practice questions she has put together were very helpful. You can purchase her practice questions without taking her full review course.

Specializes in AGACNP-BC/Emergency/Trauma/Critical Care Nursing.

I used 3 resources and passed the exam on the first try!

1. Laura Gasparis's CCRN review DVDs (I wanted to watch every DVD it came with, but I was running out of time, so I only watched cardiac, neuro and pulm)

2. PASS CCRN question bank (I only bought the only question bank. NOT THE BOOK. I think I did almost every question in the questions bank, roughly 2000 questions? I thoroughly read rationale for each question. Again, spent my most time on cardiac, pulm, and neuro chapters).

3. Barron's CCRN Exam book (Very concise and helpful review of each system. Easy to understand and memorize. I loved it highlights important concepts and it has a dedicated chapter for "Hemodynamic Monitoring". Also has plenty of practice questions including 2 full length exams and questions at the end of each chapter. Read the rationales!)

You CAN DO IT!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!! ?

Specializes in CCRN.

Barron’s is all I used... went through every page nd typed up notes. Then took every test and really focused on the rationales as well. There were several rationales that were questions on the exam. I studied for about 2 months

On 11/5/2018 at 3:42 PM, JLB1215 said:

I took the CCRN once and failed by 1 point. Did laura gasparis and practice questions....

Would like to take it again, what tips can you share that might give me an edge on passing?

Did you ever take it ? I failed by 4 questions and am trying to decide what else I should do to retake it

Specializes in CCRN.

I passed the CCRN first attempt- I studied hard for a month. I used Barron’s study guide, did not go to a review course, and studied for several hours a day. I made notes on everything.

Specializes in CVICU, CCRN.

I used the Barron's and Pass CCRN Q bank. I read the entirety of Barron as well. I made outlines for each body group (NEURO, GI, PULMONARY ETC). and then reviewed them each day for a month. I bought their SAE tool, and bought their online review -- mainly for the questions! Any questions fill free to DM me

+ Add a Comment