Job Websites

Nurses Career Support

Published

Does anyone know any other job websites besides Indeed and Monster that are good to use? I appreciate any suggestions. =3

Specializes in Vents, Telemetry, Home Care, Home infusion.
Specializes in Vents, Telemetry, Home Care, Home infusion.
Specializes in Med/Surge, Psych, LTC, Home Health.

I used to always use CareerBuilder.com. Is it still around?

These days I use Indeed.

If you're interested in large hospital systems (and their affiliated outpatient networks), your best bet is to go straight to the hospital HR website.

Otherwise, in addition to Monster and Indeed, I'd suggest creating a LinkedIn. Not only is it useful for networking, but it also has a Job Search function to find open positions and it allows employers to find you when they search for qualified candidates. I've got a pretty thoughtful, thorough LinkedIn (basically a digital version of my cover letter and resume); I get weekly notifications about my profile showing up in searches by company recruiters, and every few months random recruiters reach out with invitations to apply for job openings (usually management positions, occasionally bedside positions). The positions are usually local, based on the location of your current position, but sometimes they're in a different state and come with relocation bonuses.

Best of luck!

You can look up jobs on pretty much any site, but if you're going to submit an application, go straight to the employer's site.

I once posted a resume on a job website, deleted it when I found a job and still get contacted about that profile 4 years later.

Specializes in EMS, ED, Trauma, CEN, CPEN, TCRN.

For any Federal/Gov jobs, USAjobs.gov is an excellent site.

Specializes in Pedi.

LinkedIn. I found my current job either through LinkedIn or Indeed.

LinkedIn and Indeed are my go to sites for a general Job Search. Glassdoor.com is also worthwhile, but still needs work. If you have a specific company/organization you are wanting to hire into, go to their specific website to search for jobs.

Specializes in Pedi.
LinkedIn and Indeed are my go to sites for a general job search. Glassdoor.com is also worthwhile, but still needs work. If you have a specific company/organization you are wanting to hire into, go to their specific website to search for jobs.

I like to use glassdoor to read employee reviews of companies. Sometimes I read all the horrible reviews of my last company for fun. ;)

+ Add a Comment