Dilemma - What To Do, What To Do

Nurses General Nursing

Published

I have applied for a part-time job.

So far, the hiring person has asked if I'd be available for a phone interview on 4 different dates.

She has not called.

After the first 2 times, I left a message for her, asking for a call back. She replied by asking my

availability for the next 2 dates, referred to above. She also did not call at either of those

2 times. The most recent was yesterday afternoon.

I am inclined to apply elsewhere. There are 4 openings, at 4 different places. Unfortunately,

they all have the same HR Department.

I don't know if it would cause trouble/embarrassment for the hiring person who has been

stringing me along so far, if she has been. Or has she just been busy, is she disorganized, has she

been overwhelmed by staff shortages, or was she beamed up to Mars? Has she decided against

me? Or???

I am reluctant to leave another message. I don't know quite why. It feels either

pushy or foolish to do so.

What do you suppose HR's response would be if I asked them to forward my application to

one of the other 3 managers?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Appears that HR is having difficulty coordinating a time with the unit manager.

Suggest HR set up the time with the manager first, then find the time to fit into the manager's schedule.

Good luck.

Appears that HR is having difficulty coordinating a time with the unit manager.

Suggest HR set up the time with the manager first, then find the time to fit into the manager's schedule.

Good luck.

It's actually the Manager herself who is handling it. My guess is that she has hired someone else and is doing the background check on that person, while keeping me on the string. But I don't know for sure, of course.

Whatever is up with that manager, s/he does not respect you now, will not respect you in the future.

Sounds like a do-over. I would not ask HR to forward my applications. HR brings their own set of problems. I would just apply individually to all of the other positions myself.

Again best of luck... looking forward to hearing about which position you land!

Whatever is up with that manager, s/he does not respect you now, will not respect you in the future.

Gotta agree, it sounds like you might want to look elsewhere. Hope things work out for you!

Sounds like a do-over. I would not ask HR to forward my applications. HR brings their own set of problems. I would just apply individually to all of the other positions myself.

Again best of luck... looking forward to hearing about which position you land!

Thanks for the good wishes. We shall see, we shall see...

Unfortunately, their application process is online. The online app goes to HR, which is the HR Department for all 4 locations. One outfit with 4 locations and one HR Department.

But I might just go to a different clinic and see if I can fill out a paper application for that specific location. Nothing to lose.

Thanks again, BTDT.

Gotta agree, it sounds like you might want to look elsewhere. Hope things work out for you!

Amen.

Thanks for responding.

Specializes in Geriatrics, Dialysis.

Four missed interviews? Not even the courtesy of calling to reschedule, but just plain missed. That's certainly not a very good first impression on the employers end. I'd look elsewhere if I were you.

Silly question but did she just ask if the dates were good or confirm them? I had a confirmation email and a person did not call on time so I waited 30 minutes and forwarded it to them asking if we should set up another time. Turns out their outlook reminder did not pop, I received an apology and my interview was rescheduled.

If they haven't set up dates and you keep leaving messages that are not returned, then might as well move on. If it's this disorganized before you get the job, how will it be working there?

Specializes in Psych, Corrections, Med-Surg, Ambulatory.

Your application seems stuck in a dead zone. I would worry less about annoying people who aren't giving you the time of day, and find a way to get your application in front of more eyeballs. Good luck.

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.
Your application seems stuck in a dead zone. I would worry less about annoying people who aren't giving you the time of day, and find a way to get your application in front of more eyeballs. Good luck.

I like this. Keep your eye on your goal. I've never had a HR experience that was efficient, smooth, or thoughtful.

Specializes in Urgent Care, Oncology.

Well, that is quite rude of her. Sorry this isn't going your way.

+ Add a Comment