Other duties as assigned...not complaining about this one :)

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in School nursing.

As I posted in another thread, this year I was asked to co-lead our senior trip to Paris and Barcelona in February. Me plus another co-leader plus 4 chaperones + 60ish seniors...excited but also so much work.

However, I get to go on a training trip for FREE to learn the ropes of trip leading with the tour group we book with. So tonight I am off to Madrid for a whirlwind long weekend!

One "other duties as assigned" thing I won't ever complain about ;).

As I posted in another thread, this year I was asked to co-lead our senior trip to Paris and Barcelona in February. Me plus another co-leader plus 4 chaperones + 60ish seniors...excited but also so much work.

However, I get to go on a training trip for FREE to learn the ropes of trip leading with the tour group we book with. So tonight I am off to Madrid for a whirlwind long weekend!

WHAAAAAAAAAAT????

That's AMAZING!!! Have a great time!

Specializes in kids.

When I did that training, it was in NYC, lucky lucky you!!!! But the upside was, my parents took the train in and we met for dinner. Then we wen to the Carlyle and heard Bobby Short on the piano!!! What a dream that was. Why you ask? I used to be a HUGE fan of Danille Steeles books and that was the place in NYC where the rich and really cool people went!!!

Specializes in Pediatrics Retired.

That sounds like fun, but geez, that's a long drive!!!

When I did that training, it was in NYC, lucky lucky you!!!! But the upside was, my parents took the train in and we met for dinner. Then we wen to the Carlyle and heard Bobby Short on the piano!!! What a dream that was. Why you ask? I used to be a HUGE fan of Danille Steeles books and that was the place in NYC where the rich and really cool people went!!!

True story. except the rich part. i am cool, though.

Specializes in kids.

You are way cool!!!It was a really great time!

Specializes in school nursing, ortho, trauma.

sweeeeet!!!! When i was working in a certain school, I wondered how it worked that EVERY single trip NEEDED a nurse. Except the band's trip to Disney World. I wasn't a permanent fixture in that school and I certainly wasn't going to start that fight and then walk away.

Where can I sign up? LOL....sounds fun to me.

Specializes in School Nursing, Pediatrics.

Are you going with EF tours???

My friend, who is also the principal of my kids school is off to Madrid this weekend also for a training with them!

I wanted to be a chaperone, but they had too many people, plus they didn't want parents, but my 2 kids are going on the trip to Italy in the summer!

Have fun!

Specializes in School nursing.
Are you going with EF tours???

My friend, who is also the principal of my kids school is off to Madrid this weekend also for a training with them!

I wanted to be a chaperone, but they had too many people, plus they didn't want parents, but my 2 kids are going on the trip to Italy in the summer!

Have fun!

I am! Small world!!

+ Add a Comment