Minor Vent

Specialties School

Published

Since when does a small stud on the side of my nose reflect my ability as a nurse?

I've had it on since the beginning of the school year and several other teachers have one too.

Of course I am not petty enough to throw em under the bus, but really?

Now if I had the septum or eyebrow or snake bites then yea, I can understand but a stud the size of ball point pen? :facepalm:

Okay, vent over. :happy:

Specializes in Psych, Addictions, SOL (Student of Life).
Since when does a small stud on the side of my nose reflect my ability as a nurse?

I've had it on since the beginning of the school year and several other teachers have one too.

Of course I am not petty enough to throw em under the bus, but really?

Now if I had the septum or eyebrow or snake bites then yea, I can understand but a stud the size of ball point pen? :facepalm:

Okay, vent over. :happy:

It does not affect you ability to perform the essential functions of a nursing professional. It does however effect your image as a professional in the culture of where you work. Are you a person who can follow policy even when others are not? Do you even know what your companies policies are? Are you a person who believes it is ok to break rules as long as others are doing it as well.

Some rules don't always make sense but they still have to be followed. Your answer will be to look at the dress/apperance code of your facility workplace. If the type and location of piercings is specifically mentioned and you like your job and want to keep it then change will become necessary. If there is no specific language regarding piercings then you take that back to your manager and show them that you are not violating policy.

For example our company dress and grooming standards specifically state. Piercings: One small stud in the ears only, no hoops or dangles. Hair color is a natural human color. All tattos needs to be able to be completely covered while at work. I'm not saying these rules are right but they are the rules and a small price to pay for working a job that I adore.

Hppy

She would have a fit over my chest dermal piercing and my nose ring! Lol!!

Mine comes out every day for work. It is not up for debate here. No big deal.

This was what the title says, a minor vent. As soon as she told me to take it off, I did with no hesitation.

I actually bought a clear retainer for it, so all is well with my greasy face haha

+ Add a Comment