Privacy curtains are covered in MRSA

Nurses General Nursing

Published

• Specializes in OB-Gyn/Primary Care/Ambulatory Leadership.

You are reading page 2 of Privacy curtains are covered in MRSA

Alex_RN, BSN

335 Posts

Ours get changed when a room gets deep cleaned after a patient is discharged and prior to the next admission. So...doesn't everybody do that?

Davey Do

10,476 Posts

Specializes in Psych (25 years), Medical (15 years).
Haven't you all learned that most germs are our friends, or at least live in peaceful coexistence with us.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27534[/ATTACH]

Davey Do

10,476 Posts

Ours get changed when a room gets deep cleaned after a patient is discharged and prior to the next admission. So...doesn't everybody do that?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27536[/ATTACH]

If curtains carry the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, 10's of thousands of bedside provider's nostrils carry the the horses...

:yes:

(waits for Davey Do to make a cartoon outta that one)

AbbyLane

90 Posts

I always look forward to the memes you post on this site :roflmao:

allnurses Guide

nursel56

7,078 Posts

Specializes in Peds/outpatient FP,derm,allergy/private duty.

I once had a patient point to the curtain and say, "there's poopy on there". I didn't see anything, or question how she knew that for sure, but I wouldn't really wouldn't like to see what lit up if it was viewed with an alternative light source, either!

Davey Do

10,476 Posts

If curtains carry the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse, 10's of thousands of bedside provider's nostrils carry the the horses...

:yes:

(waits for Davey Do to make a cartoon outta that one)

Sorry, CharleeFoxtrot- I can't do the four horsemen of the apocalypse in nostrils.

The closest thing I can give you is the feeling I experienced in drinking Go-Lytely while prepping for my colonoscopy:

Like a thundering herd of cattle was galloping out of my colon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27552[/ATTACH]

Guest219794

2,453 Posts

Assuming you are seriously asking-

No.

I am not sure what happens on the floor because I work ER. I am not sure what the curtain cleaning schedule is, or even if there is one, though I think that occasionally house keeping does a perfunctory wipe of a small portion of one side that they can reach if they aren't in a hurry.

There are curtains that have dozens of patients between cleaning. And their families. And, because they are ER, lots and lots of people in and out, brushing whatever is on them on the curtain.

And, since so many of our patients are regularly, often pointlessly, pumped full of ABX, I am quite sure our curtains are the perfect storm of breeding conditions for super bugs that could make MRSA duck and run for cover.

morte, LPN, LVN

7,015 Posts

c diff spores as well. they did a study in UK. they cut off the spread of c dif, thru deeper, regular cleaning. even of surfaces that one would think c dif would never get to.

+ Add a Comment