Buffing up credentials

Specialties School

Published

Specializes in school nurse.

Hi, all.

I've asked about this in the past, but I figured I'd revisit it and see if any new ideas floated by.

I am looking for (low cost) school nursing-related certificates to increase my expertise and competitiveness in the job market.

I have my NCSN and Asthma Educator (AE-C) credentials and just finished Psychological First Aid. (I highly recommend that, BTW.) In January, I'm hoping to start school nurse graduate courses at the University of Illinois at Chicago (online).

Any ideas for the remainder of 2018...?

Good for you!!!

Do you have a link to Psychological First Aid?

Good for you!!!

Do you have a link to Psychological First Aid?

NCTSN Learning Center for Child and Adolescent Trauma

I put you down as a co-worker when asked, How did you hear about this program?

I put you down as a co-worker when asked, How did you hear about this program?

Does that mean you can pick up some shifts for me? :sneaky:

Hi, all.

I've asked about this in the past, but I figured I'd revisit it and see if any new ideas floated by.

I am looking for (low cost) school nursing-related certificates to increase my expertise and competitiveness in the job market.

I have my NCSN and Asthma Educator (AE-C) credentials and just finished Psychological First Aid. (I highly recommend that, BTW.) In January, I'm hoping to start school nurse graduate courses at the University of Illinois at Chicago (online).

Any ideas for the remainder of 2018...?

Are you in IL? I went to UIC for my CSN also!

Teaching Courses for Independent Study and Professional Development.

LaVerne University online offers many relevant courses at around $300-400 each. The link above is for certificates that you can get through them. Each class is masters level as well so if you get pay increases for higher education, then they should count towards lane advancement (mine do). At my school, I can only move up one lane per year, so this year I am Masters +0, next year I will be Masters +15, and I will continue to rack up credits until I reach the top tier and then ride it out until retirement.

Are you in IL? I went to UIC for my CSN also!

Teaching Courses for Independent Study and Professional Development.

LaVerne University online offers many relevant courses at around $300-400 each. The link above is for certificates that you can get through them. Each class is masters level as well so if you get pay increases for higher education, then they should count towards lane advancement (mine do). At my school, I can only move up one lane per year, so this year I am Masters +0, next year I will be Masters +15, and I will continue to rack up credits until I reach the top tier and then ride it out until retirement.

I'm in MA. I already have MA state certification, but the program at UIC looks good for professional advancement. I'll check out LaVerne- thank you!

Specializes in kids.
Thank you!!!

I am starting the psychological first aid course!!

Here it is!!!

Specializes in kids.

This is what I am looking for in another thread!!!! thank you!!!!

Specializes in Telemetry, Gastroenterology, School Nrs.
+ Add a Comment