Finally Accepted

Nursing Students LPN/LVN Students

Published

I'm finally accepted into an LPN program after 13 years, however the program is 3 hours from my home, the classes are on Fri, Sat and Sun. I plan to rent out a cheap Airbnb on the 2 nights that I need to stay out of town for school. I will also have to pay out of pocket for gas and my program. Needless to say that not working while in school is not an option for me. I'm also a single mom of 2.

Childcare is already covered through child support. But, I need to find a job that pays decent, while in school in order to make ends meet. I already sacrificed a lot, I'm moving out of my beautiful lake house to a cheaper apartment. I'm also having to resign from my decent paying job in order to accomplish this dream of becoming a nurse. I already have a Masters in Psychology but I plan to still utilize this degree as I become an LPN psych nurse. I get so many people that tell me to go to RN school instead. First of all, I don't have time for pre-req's, I don't want to work at a hospital, I don't have time to fail, there are no weekend RN classes in my area, I don't want to stress about not passing the Teas, I don't have time to be in school for 2 years+.

Any suggestions?

Specializes in Adult Primary Care.

Congratulations and good luck!!!

Congrats! But it's hard to suggest a potential job without having a general location or at least an idea of how much you need to make.

+ Add a Comment