Houston Winter 2019 Nurse Residency Programs

U.S.A. Texas

Published

Just wanted to provide a place for updates for the December grads for nurse residency programs in Houston! Coming from out of state I definitely don't want to miss anything! So far I've applied to Methodist and Harris Health. Still waiting for Memorial's, Chi St. Luke's, and HCA's to open. Does anyone have suggestions of other places to apply? Looking for adult critical care or intermediate positions.

I also applied to Harris Health and Memorial Hermann. Might also apply to Methodist. I'm not from the area but it looks like you hit the major hospitals.

Have you applied and received the behavioral assessment link for Memorial?

Best of luck to you! I did apply to Memorial at the end of last week but haven't received the behavioral assessment link. I've heard great things about them and Methodist from the few people I know in Houston

Well you should get it soon. The pre-match day was on the 22nd and several people hadn't received it yet

I can't think of any other hospitals in the area that have nurse residency programs. I applied to all of the hospitals that you mentioned. I attended Memorial Hermann's Pre-Match Day and I completed the behavioral assessment on 9/23 and submitted my questionnaire on 9/24 for Memorial Hermann. I have not heard back from any of the hospitals so far. Trying to keep my patience though. Good luck to all the new grads on their job search!

I haven't heard back either! I got a reply for Methodist to a question I asked them and they said next round of communication would go out today, but I haven't gotten anything so idk if that's just me or not? I get so anxious in the waiting game haha

I actually got an email at 4pm today from Methodist Sugarland inviting me to the Pre-Screening Event. Sugarland was my first location preference. You should be getting an email within the next few days from your first and second location preferences inviting you to the Pre-Screening as long as you met all the application requirements.

I have a question to those who applied to Methodist. Was there an assessment emailed to you after you submitted an application? I did not receive one. The only assessment questions I was emailed was the ones from Memorial Hermann.

I have a question to those who applied to Methodist. Was there an assessment emailed to you after you submitted an application? I did not receive one. The only assessment questions I was emailed was the ones from Memorial Hermann.

I was wondering the same thing. I didn't recieve an assessment either.

I heard back from Methodist as well. Pre-screening for my first choice. When I tried to do the assessment, I got a message saying they already had one on file for me o_O

So I wasn't sent the assessment directly. There was a link at the bottom of the email they sent about prescreening for additional applications and then once I completed that, I got an automated email with the link for the assessment.. if that makes sense?

I applied to Methodist in Baytown and memorial hermann I graduated with my ADN in August and currently enrolled for my RN to BSN. I haven't heard anything back either

+ Add a Comment