CA SNF RN's: What are your responsibilities?

U.S.A. California

Published

• Specializes in Telemetry, PCU, Private Duty, Hospice.

Hello CA RN's,

I am considering accepting an RN position for a SNF in California. Can you please share what some of your main responsibilities are. I am looking for a job that has paperwork paperwork and more paperwork. I am detail oriented, love charting and transcribing orders, and appreciate structure. Also, what is an acceptable starting hourly wage for a facility RN? I currently make $43-$47/hr as a hospice nurse, but am so tired of the driving and the stress. I am okay with making less, but don't want to accept an exceptionally low rate either.

Any insight into this specialty, specific to California because of all the differences from other parts of the USA.

Thank you!!

As a new grad RN, they offered me $30 and the RN supervisor who has been working there for almost 2 decades makes $38/hr Don’t do it, don’t work at a SNF. The low pay isn’t the worst part.

SNF is a good stepping stone especially if you are a fresh graduate. After I passed my NCLEX, 2 weeks later, I landed my first nursing job in a SNF facility in Oakland. It was a great experience but as you gain more experience, I felt like all the more my license was at risk, management issues, work-related issues. I felt very stressed as months passed by. I started looking for another job and 2 weeks later i got hired. Right now, I Am in a better environment, less stress.

Good luck on your journey in a SNF.

+ Add a Comment